Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Becky Lynch thread! **Spoilers**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Laurel_Patente

Becky may have taken the pin last night, but I thought she performed admirably, and I was so proud of her when she made her entrance last night. She left it all in the ring and couldn't have done too much more.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

For me she was the star of that match and that match was the best wrestling match on the card. Never expected her to win the title but fair play Becks!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,182 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Yeah, she really was brilliant last night. Shame that she's probably going to take a back seat now for a while with Sasha and Charlotte probably feuding for the belt.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

J. Marston wrote: »
    Yeah, she really was brilliant last night. Shame that she's probably going to take a back seat now for a while with Sasha and Charlotte probably feuding for the belt.

I really hope she's at least in feud I fear she will be like Paige on just put on the background of things

• Registered Users Posts: 33,236 ✭✭✭✭CSF

sky88 wrote: »
    I really hope she's at least in feud I fear she will be like Paige on just put on the background of things

I think Paige got that way because she wasn't good as a face or a heel. Too annoying. Becky is a perfect face with the mic skills and the ring skills. She will be fine even if she doesn't become the one they build the show around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,011 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

https://instagram.com/p/BDyuXxIi_dD/

Ouch. I noticed it last night but I thought it was make up. That looks really sore.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Becky was brilliant last night. To come from Dublin Ireland and make it as far as she's had is amazing. I'm so proud of her. Wish Ric Flair would stop being at ringside though. It ruined the match in so many ways.

FalconArrow, the Reddit insider guy (or girl?), said some promising stuff when some people asked him (or her?) about Becky...
    I'm concerned that Becky Lynch is going to disappear a bit now that we're all expecting Charlotte / Sasha to be the main feud. Tell me that isn't the case.

From what I know, not the case so far at all. People really like her and she is a very hard worker. I think she sticks around for a while.

Any idea what the general consensus is on Becky backstage? Do they see her as a valuable player or is she stuck in limbo?

Valuable. Hard worker, maybe not the frontrunner but if someone goes down a great substitution. Complete asset.

Becky, the Dean Ambrose of the women's division.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

J. Marston wrote: »

Becky, the Dean Ambrose of the women's division.

Kinda has that feel to her character doesnt it!! Hope they do something with her cos i thought she was the stand out of the 3 at mania - and i did expect sasha to win with snoop dog and all there!

Just hope this Natalyia vs Charlotte thing does drop becky to low card nonsense

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Laurel_Patente

Hopefully there will be enough female talent coming through now that she doesn't have to be in a match with Charlotte and Sasha to look good.

If the victory for Brie Bella at the Battle Royal and Nikki's spot in the ring were a subtle goodbye to the Diva's Era in WWE, then that's a good thing. Bellas, Paige, AJ Lee are better than they're given credit for but the main take home from that period was a promotion of looks above in ring ability and if that's being reversed it great!

You can see Becky having very decent matches with Paige, Natalya, Emma, and Naomi on the main roster at the moment, with Asuka, Bayley, and Nia Jax eventually coming up from NXT in the coming year.

She might not figure in the current reckoning for the title as Sasha looks best placed, but if given time and decent creative build she will continue to make us all proud.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Knowing WWE they'll probably have her replace Barrett in the LON's

BEd6QbOC_b-

Any of ye dubs on here know what gaa club that is ?

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭NyOmnishambles

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    BEd6QbOC_b-

Any of ye dubs on here know what gaa club that is ?

Ballyboden St Enda's according to stuff on Twitter

CgmRzWKUUAAjQzM.jpg

Do you think becky is happy to be home ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Straight Edge Punk

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    CgmRzWKUUAAjQzM.jpg

Do you think becky is happy to be home ?

That must be some buzz though

That must be some buzz though

I'd say it must be an unreal feeling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

That's a nice shirt too, 100 times better than the last one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I got that t-shirt as soon as I saw it on T.V. I pre-ordered it. There were a good few tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Becky is awesome just feel bad for her as over as she is, she isn't valued as high as Charlotte and Sasha even though she's the better performer right now by WWE. Even in NXT she was a sidekick or in the background where Charlotte, Bayley and Sasha got all the shine on them. Hope she one day gets the Woman's title even if it's not a long reign.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Looper007 wrote: »
    Becky is awesome just feel bad for her as over as she is, she isn't valued as high as Charlotte and Sasha even though she's the better performer right now by WWE. Even in NXT she was a sidekick or in the background where Charlotte, Bayley and Sasha got all the shine on them. Hope she one day gets the Woman's title even if it's not a long reign.

Becky is fine at the minute, she will rise tothe top eventually. This is Charlotte's time and Im ok with her being pushed at the minute. Beckys time will come

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Becky is fine at the minute, she will rise tothe top eventually. This is Charlotte's time and Im ok with her being pushed at the minute. Beckys time will come

i honestly think it will too. She seems to have connected to the causal fans more then sasha or charlotte to me. i mean sasha is over with the hardcore fan base and rightly so.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Becky's great. Seems like such a lovely person too. Great to see her so happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

sky88 wrote: »
    i honestly think it will too. She seems to have connected to the causal fans more then sasha or charlotte to me. i mean sasha is over with the hardcore fan base and rightly so.

I think she will be fine as well, she connects with a lot of bases, kids, casual's and the hardcore fans and is still young enough.

She like Bayley should make plenty of money for the company once they get the machine behind her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

She is getting better all the time and is situated just nicely. They've done a good job since they ditched the factions.

Really happy for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭bobby_says_hi

Anyone else expect Becky and Sasha will team up once again to take care of Emma and Dana?

Anyone else expect Becky and Sasha will team up once again to take care of Emma and Dana?

Hope not. Their last team-up against Charlotte was a bit flat.

Bayley please!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

She got her own Camp WWE character

b4fe880f0c9ea217b6b01e7d580cb71c.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I am expecting Sasha to team with her, just to remind people Sasha's still here before she inevitably feuds one on one with Charlotte.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 470 ✭✭Joe Musashi

Bit of a looker - surprised that she is Irish.

They should keep her well away from any microphones with that awful accent though. Does not come across well IMO - kind of common.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Advertisement