Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Becky Lynch thread! **Spoilers**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭NyOmnishambles

Bit of a looker - surprised that she is Irish.

They should keep her well away from any microphones with that awful accent though. Does not come across well IMO - kind of common.

You could even say it is Disgutin'

I disagree totally with you on her accent, love Becky and she seems to be going over well with the US audience, she has managed to maintain her distinctive accent whilst making it more understandable for the viewers

Personally I find the Dublin accent quite endearing

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

She slowly losing the red and letting it grow out? Just going by this week's Raw. Or maybe just needs a touch up

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭bobby_says_hi

I think it's probably just more pronounced because she had a bit of her hair braided - so the black roots were showing. I'd like her to keep the red, since it's nice and distinctive. But that's just me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Becky's "bleedin deadly" great personality. Had to laugh at the Irish childhood talk, never realised the idea of good old plain cheese sandwiches was so strange to Americans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,182 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Pentecost wrote: »
    Becky's "bleedin deadly" great personality. Had to laugh at the Irish childhood talk, never realised the idea of good old plain cheese sandwiches was so strange to Americans.

Her trying to explain cheese sandwiches was hilarious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

That was brilliant. Becky just seems like such a deadly sound person. And the fact that Xavier just seemed confused by alot of what she said was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

cant say I've ever heard of the eating chewing of the ground though, dizcoostin!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,414 ✭✭✭Riddle101

phatkev wrote: »
    cant say I've ever heard of the eating chewing of the ground though, dizcoostin!

Admittedly I did it when I was a kid too. I don't know why I did it though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Is it just me or is Becky the best thing in the woman's division?

Sasha hasn't been around since Mania, maybe they will have her appear now to build to Summerslam but Becky has been there every week since the Divas revolution has started and constantly been putting on good matches and getting a great reactions from the crowd. She is the most over Babyface on the roster (again Sasha isn't about and when she is she is more a super over Tweener imo) and the more and more I see her the more I think it will be hige when she gets her chance at the top of the division.

• Advertisement

Seems to be a growing opinion from what I've read online. I think she's great as well, the most reliable worker they have. Crowds do seem to be really responding to her because she just comes across as very likeable even if her character is a bit of an idiot at times. Her unique look helps too.

Was actually going to describe her as the Daniel Bryan of the womens division but didn't wanna be told I was going overboard but I think you hit the nail on the head there. She is just really likeable in the same way Daniel was. No matter what her wrestling character is I think her real character shines through and she just comes across as so positively.

In some ways I actually hope that they don't let Sasha go over Charlotte and that is eventually Becky although instead she will probably be in the background for longer still and Bayley may even take her place as WWEs out and out face female.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Ive read today that the plan on Sunday was to turn Becky NOT Nattie heel.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Ive read today that the plan on Sunday was to turn Becky NOT Nattie heel.

Glad they didn't do that. Wouldn't mind seeing her heel someday and I am sure she could do a good job but she is a natural face imo. Maybe she will eventually turn due to everyone turning on her in the past and something just pushing her over the edge someway down the line. Her turning on Bayley like this could be great imo. Turn on her before she turns on you kinda thing as Becky no longer trusts anyone, Bayley would also immediately take her place as the one true face and underdog on the women's' main roster.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭bobby_says_hi

It's weird that she mostly played a heel on the indies for so many years, because she's such a natural babyface. I like Nattie too but turning her heel was absolutely the right move. Nattie can play a badass heel, but Becky's heel work (if NXT is anything to go by) was way too forced and corny. I like that Becky is just a pure babyface who's portrayed as an all-round decent person - in contrast to Charlotte's cockiness, Paige's snarkiness, AJ's bitchiness etc. She doesn't come across as bland or vanilla because of it, she seems natural. And she could be a great top face if they ever pulled the trigger on her.

They should let Becky go ahead and become champion. Sasha's still young - she's only 23 or 24 - and has plenty of time to dominate the division.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

It's weird that she mostly played a heel on the indies for so many years, because she's such a natural babyface. I like Nattie too but turning her heel was absolutely the right move. Nattie can play a badass heel, but Becky's heel work (if NXT is anything to go by) was way too forced and corny. I like that Becky is just a pure babyface who's portrayed as an all-round decent person - in contrast to Charlotte's cockiness, Paige's snarkiness, AJ's bitchiness etc. She doesn't come across as bland or vanilla because of it, she seems natural. And she could be a great top face if they ever pulled the trigger on her.

They should let Becky go ahead and become champion. Sasha's still young - she's only 23 or 24 - and has plenty of time to dominate the division.

Shes a a bit like seth for me, he always seems to try too hard when hes a heel to get booed and i got that vibe when becky was a heel in NXT.

There both natural babyfaces.

Good stuff from Becky here, speaking her mind on The Divas Revolution. Hopefully she's not punished for it.

http://twitter.com/TheVIPEmpire/status/756535824926334976

• Registered Users Posts: 40,010 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Good stuff from Becky here, speaking her mind on The Divas Revolution. Hopefully she's not punished for it.

http://twitter.com/TheVIPEmpire/status/756535824926334976

Punished for giving an honest answer to a question asked of her ? I hate the apparent walking on eggshells the talent seem to have to do in wwe.

Agreed, there's no way she should be it's just that I wouldn't be at all surprised if she was.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,010 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Agreed, there's no way she should be it's just that I wouldn't be at all surprised if she was.

What she said was exactly what a lot of fans think. Well if they do punish her for this than they are even more petty than I thought.

• Advertisement

Firstly let me state that I agree wholeheartedly with Becky re the "Divas Revolution" and storylines for women.

But it wouldnt be petty if she was punished for that outburst. If anyone working a "regular" job were to speak about the flaws of their employer like that in front of an audience then they would 99.9% of the time be punished. Why should it be any different for Becky?

Suppose that's a fair comparison but she was on a panel being asked questions from the public. What was she supposed to do, spoof the (paying) audience and pretend she wouldn't change a thing? I think anything other than perhaps a word with her from those in charge would be harsh.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,699 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Kayfabe is dead.

Bring back Kayfabe and jobbers I say.

Like I said I would agree with all she said. She was right to say all of it IMO. But Im not her employer. She could have very easily said "well not everything is perfect. We should have numerous storylines like the guys have. We are just as talented as them and just like we showed in NXT when given the chance we can even outshine the men and be legit main events."

Thats a much more politically astute comment while saying pretty much the same thing. I would also keep the comment about all her friendships leading to her being jumped :)

Becky's great, that is all.

LeeJM wrote: »
    Like I said I would agree with all she said. She was right to say all of it IMO. But Im not her employer. She could have very easily said "well not everything is perfect. We should have numerous storylines like the guys have. We are just as talented as them and just like we showed in NXT when given the chance we can even outshine the men and be legit main events."

Thats a much more politically astute comment while saying pretty much the same thing. I would also keep the comment about all her friendships leading to her being jumped :)

Again a fair point. She could have made her points without specifically slating "The Divas Revolution". I love Becky though so I'll defend her :)

Huge Becky fan too and delighted to see that she is finally gonna get some major focus as the #1 woman on SD. I was more responding to the comment of it being petty of management if they punish her for the comments.

Becky meets The Shockmaster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_m5nm0vdbQ

Was watching some videos on youtube and this popped up and made me laugh. More about the Usos etc but still

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,182 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Looks like she's getting a special entrance for the Rumble or Mania...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BNpEa0EjOt_

Advertisement