Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Becky Lynch thread! **Spoilers**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

We need new faction ideas. "Let's put the Paddys together" is 2014's "Let's put the British Isles wrestlers together"! (Drew Mac, Sheamo, Barrett etc)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

jaykhunter wrote: »
    We need new faction ideas. "Let's put the Paddys together" is 2014's "Let's put the British Isles wrestlers together"! (Drew Mac, Sheamo, Barrett etc)

So you dream of a Better-Than-Utopia?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

rovert wrote: »
    So you dream of a Better-Than-Utopia?

Ah that game! Utter s#ite

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

JAYSUS. Just watched NXT. STATE of your stereotype gimmick. I'm sure she's a decent wrestler, I'm very happy to see Irish wrestlers succeed, it's just this gimmick. Holy ****. Absolutely hate the céilí/fighting Irish bull****. This is Hornswoggle 2007 embarrassing (to me). I can imagine Vince rolling around the floor laughing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Just watched it there myself.

God damn I have never cringed so much while watching WWE. She wasn't even doing proper irish dancing jasus

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Its to appeal to children I would guess, she is going to pally with Bayley after all.

It was an introduction against Summer Rae who was Fandangoos dancer so at least the dancing made some sense in that context.

Anyway its only NXT, not everything done on NXT is permanent and intended for RAW, its only developmental.

Keen to see what carry on she got up to at the last taping.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I know it wouldn't fit at the minute. But I'd take the fighting and drinking sterotype gimmick over the diddly eye oirish stuff.

The match was impressive but the dancing, the theme and the overall gimmick is cringey. That said, the Yanks will lap it up.0

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

Makes you ashamed to be Irish, so If Kevin Steen ever makes it to WWE will they bring him out eating a burger and fries and drinking coke during his matches

Makes you ashamed to be Irish, so If Kevin Steen ever makes it to WWE will they bring him out eating a burger and fries and drinking coke during his matches

I completely don't understand this thought process what does eating have to do with being Canadian or French-Canadian?

Stated in the past I would lost my **** if Kevin (or Zayn tagging with him) ended up being the new Quebecers - an utterly boss gimmick:

It would be a full circle moment for Steen in particular as Jacques trained him and Pierre mentored him after that.

an Irish Traveller stable would be funny they could come to the ring in a sulky
    racing_04.jpg

• Advertisement

an Irish Traveller stable would be funny they could come to the ring in a sulky
    racing_04.jpg

Already thought of. Luther Ward during his short NXT stint did that. Somehow he made it back to Ireland:

Also you didn't answer my post brah.

Already thought of. Luther Ward during his short NXT stint did that. Somehow he made it back to Ireland:

Also you didn't answer my post brah.

Didn't know Kevin Steen was Canadian till you said it but ya it would be a good idea seeing as he doesn't have the WWE body and the Mountie Uniform would cover it, I hardly watch wrestling anymore mainly keep up via the wrestling observer and other podcasts and Powerslam magazine which I still buy out of habit

This seems to be called the BexPlex:

kxKb8VO.gif

But is there a better new move name that Alexa Bliss's Sparkle Splash?
    10467772_258059141052064_1869516445_n.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

When Fergal debuts they should pair up as the Furys

Bex and Ferg Fury. Ferg could bring his Guitar and Bex can do her jig.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Concannon7

jaykhunter wrote: »
    JAYSUS. Just watched NXT. STATE of your stereotype gimmick. I'm sure she's a decent wrestler, I'm very happy to see Irish wrestlers succeed, it's just this gimmick. Holy ****. Absolutely hate the céilí/fighting Irish bull****. This is Hornswoggle 2007 embarrassing (to me). I can imagine Vince rolling around the floor laughing.

Glad I'm not the only one. I like her alot but I just saw her entrance on You Tube and had to turn it off just as she was in the ring. That was terrible. I hate these gimmicks so much. I thought Sheamus was over done but this....its shocking.

Glad I'm not the only one. I like her alot but I just saw her entrance on You Tube and had to turn it off just as she was in the ring. That was terrible. I hate these gimmicks so much. I thought Sheamus was over done but this....its shocking.

I understand your position especially if you are from a cultural stronghold Galway but don't give up yet. People were down on Bailey and NXTheif Emma when they first debutted.

I really hope she doesn't end up in the **** tier of gimmicks with your CJ Parkers and Mojo Rawley. She's too good for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,134 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So you don't want to see Becky as a always hyped eco warrior?

Unless they make a rare deviation Becky's only match for the month of July on NXT will be on this week's episode. Which I really want to see with my own two eyes. I am going with spoilers:
    Becky Lynch and Bayley vs. Sasha Banks and Charlotte is next. Charlotte got the pin on Becky after Bow Down to The Queen. After the match, Charlotte looked on from the stage while Sasha beat up Becky. Bayley came back and took Sasha out before checking on Becky.

Was taped the same day as all the main roster releases (Drew & Jinder, Aksana etc) so I was kind of scared reading the spoilers as her match seemed write off-ish - like when Kassius Ohno being slaughtered in his last match. Despite assurances otherwise. It is likely (moreso as time goes on) just a beginning of a longer term
    association with Bailey in a tag team.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Concannon7

I understand your position especially if you are from a cultural stronghold Galway but don't give up yet. People were down on Bailey and NXTheif Emma when they first debutted.

I really hope she doesn't end up in the **** tier of gimmicks with your CJ Parkers and Mojo Rawley. She's too good for that.

I liked Bailey and Emma from the beginning. I don't like the way they debuted Emma on Raw though. Oh I believe Becky has all the talent in the world to succed but I fear for the gimmick that WWE hand her. I don't mind her Irishness being brought up but when they make her a cartoon character of fake Irishness it goes a bit too far. Reminds me of the film Leap Year and the way some Americans view Irish people. I do wish Becky all the best though don't get me wrong I hope she is a huge success.

This week's match:
    BrlAnBFCMAAhh4f.jpg

• Advertisement

Kinda looks like Bayley's the champ.

They are both Champions

ywKTFmV.jpg

Haven't seen the full match yet but going by what I've seen and read her dancing was greatly toned down.

She also has an WWE.com finally after the biggest randomers gettg theirs first:
    BrrBvQ9CMAI11nq.jpg

Brq772qIQAAPWyT.png

http://www.wwe.com/superstars/divas/beckylynch

The was your standard solid armbar-tastic NXT Divas match. The character development was the stronger suit.

Different from the spoilers - no beatdown of Becky instead Sasha talked trash to her on the ground.

William Regal seems in love with saying "Becky Lynch"

Also NO DANCING.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

That Bexflex is super looking mone.

Am I the only one that thinks she is the head of Roseanna Davison?

rosanna-davison-3.jpg

No you are not ShagNastii:

The interviewer (who didn't know what Pro Wrestling was) said that at the end of it. When she was told she was interviewing a female Wrestler the interviewer said she was expecting a "bullock" and not someone who looked like Rosanna Davidson.

When Becky turns on her it will be so great:
    926811_329069250575721_967250834_n.jpg

She wouldn't do that to Bayley. Poor Bayley. She just wants to be friends and everyone leaves her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Becky will never be the heel, nor the entertainer, that Rosanna is. Rosanna cheated in a charity women's mini marathon. Twink wouldn't do that.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

Serious looker that wan Rosanna davidson... wasn't she on that show for simpletons that was on years ago, Fade Street I think it was called.

Advertisement