Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Geography predictions?

• 31-05-2014 7:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

The course is so long and I've no idea if there's topics I could risk skipping, had anyone any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 PatrickP123

My teacher told me to focus on these questions:
    Plate Tectonics
    Rocks Sed/Ign/Meta
    Rivers - Everything about it
    Tara Mines
    3 Gorges Dam
    BMW - Primary/Secondary/Tertiary and Physical
    Gda - Primary/Secondary/Tertiary and Physical
    Paris Basin/Mezzogiorno Primary/Secondary/Tertiary and Physical
    Cultural - Gaeltacht/Belgium
    Climate - Cool Temperate Oceanic - Ireland
    Brazil Primary/Secondary/Tertiary/Physical and Population

Really hopes this helps. It's impossible to predict the questions for Geography, but hopefully this'll narrow it down for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 69cokaz

Formation of coastal deposition/coastal erosion/fluvial erosion.
    Impact of colonialism on developing economy ie. brazil and portugal.
    Plate tectonics leads to the global distribution of fold mountains/volcanoes.
    CAP/CFP.
    Human interaction with a river or the rock cycle.
    Plant animal adaptation to biome.

I have a good feeling these will come up so im learning em well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

I'm assuming that metamorphic rocks and isostasy won't make an appearance after being up last year.

Primary activities in Ireland is up every year afaik. A cultural region is also fairly likely. The fluvial landform is always a given too.
    I'm banking on podzolisation lithification and weathering on soil for geoecology too.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 CiaraRedmond

I hope to God characteristics of a Biome,population density and distribution and I have a feeling earthquakes will come up. I'm banking on the short questions and physical!

This isn't prediction related exactly but in the geography mock 'Examine the importance of physical features and/or climate in a Continental/Sub-Continental region' came up.I said how they had an influence on primary activities but I only got half marks. How would I answer this for full marks? Serious cramming right now...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

This isn't prediction related exactly but in the geography mock 'Examine the importance of physical features and/or climate in a Continental/Sub-Continental region' came up.I said how they had an influence on primary activities but I only got half marks. How would I answer this for full marks? Serious cramming right now...

Tertiary activities maybe?

peekachoo wrote: »
    Tertiary activities maybe?

Yeah, maybe. I guess I'll just have to wing it if it comes up :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

Maybe you should've referred to how the climate and landscape define the region.Eg Brazil defined by tropical clinate aswell as rainforest. Then discuss how it affects primary, secondary and tertiary. That's what I would do but honestly, the question is far too vague for a LC question and if it came up, I'd avoid it like the plague.

Maybe you should've referred to how the climate and landscape define the region.Eg Brazil defined by tropical clinate aswell as rainforest. Then discuss how it affects primary, secondary and tertiary. That's what I would do but honestly, the question is far too vague for a LC question and if it came up, I'd avoid it like the plague.

Yeah, I'll do that then. I doubt it will come up though, it's not a typical question on a sub-continental region. After the mocks, I'm definitely not doing it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 44 lizzmurph

Where is everyone getting the case study on India? I can't find it in either of my geog books and we haven't covered it but I'd like to just to be safe. Anyone have any notes? or am I just missing it in the book!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

lizzmurph wrote: »
    Where is everyone getting the case study on India? I can't find it in either of my geog books and we haven't covered it but I'd like to just to be safe. Anyone have any notes? or am I just missing it in the book!?

India is a continental region, if you didn't do it, you most likely did Brazil or SW USA instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 lizzmurph

India is a continental region, if you didn't do it, you most likely did Brazil or SW USA instead.

Oh right yeah sorry, makes sense now! I did SW USA, phew! Thanks, got worried for a sec there!

Advertisement