Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exam Attendant rates

• 31-05-2014 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

I put my name down for exam attendant and I am just wondering does anyone know how much you get for doing them? I'm not sure if I'm doing the leaving or junior cert so both would be helpful. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Depends on the school I would think. I got something like 400 for 2 weeks a few years ago..not great but a fortune to me back then!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭mockingjay

It is the SEC that determines this rate, your superintendent will give you a form on Wednesday outlining these specific rates. You will be paid 'per session' i.e. Morning and/or afternoon, and whether it's a 3 or 4 hour exam, if there is no exam on in your centre on a particular morning/afternoon you will not be paid for it. The rates are posted on examinations.ie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

I did it in 2012 and it was 6.06 an hour, which is the minimum wage for 16/17 year olds I think. It'd be pretty bleak pay for any other job, but all you're doing is sitting down and making the occasional cup of tea so it's all good. It's really good if you get a centre that stays open until the very end, even better if it's Leaving Certs as their exams are generally quite a bit longer in duration than Junior Cert exams. As some sort of guide, I was an attendant for Leaving Certs and it was the last centre to close, on the very last morning of the exams, and I think there were only two exam sessions out of the whole thing that I didn't have to go in for, and I got 470. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Brennan10178

Thank you for all your answers! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Take what you can get.
    Your 16/17 money is money

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Anonymagician

Advertisement