Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

History European Retreat from Empire, 1945-90

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭PaleMoonlight

Well, what I'm covering is Race Relations in Britian and France, Congo, India and the Seuz Crisis/British withdrawal from Palenstine.
    Race relations is popular enough, it came up in 2011, 2010, 2009, 2007 and 2006.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Chuckle2

Are you going to cover Indochina or the East Indies at all? I think I''l probably do the same as you! Hardly need to study Indochina and the East Indies if you cover everything else?

We never covered it in class actually, my teacher said we have enough done so we would leave it out. Hope he was right about having enough done.

Did you cover the Suez Crisis and British Withdrawal from Palenstine? I have an essay on it but there's only like 2 paragraphs at the end about the Suez Crisis, and my teacher said we can't really mention too much about the withdrawal if the Suez Crisis comes up. So I'm scared that it comes up, and I only have these 2 paragraphs prepared I'll get no where near 60 points. It happened at the mocks and I wrote a lot about the withdrawal and I did get marks, but I don't think the correcter even read my work :L
    Do you think I'd get away with it in the real thing?

Ya, i had a pretty bad history teacher so we did nearly everything, but nothing in great detail. :L To be honest i really dont know, the only essay we did on that section was Nasser's contribution to the history of Egypt and the notes in the book are not at all!

I'll just have to hope for the best I guess :P Thanks though. I'm hoping for a question on race relations. I don't mind India or Congo it's just there is so much to write about them I end up going overboard with my information.

What are you hoping for in the documents q?

• Advertisement

Really? I hate the race relations section! It seems really unclear or something...treaty negotiations definitely! You?

Yeah I like it, especially France for some reason. :p

Yeah the treaty would be good, although I wouldn't mind the Belfast Blitz either. The congress is a bit iffy but I learned it anyways. But ugh I hate the documents question, did so badly on it in the mock. I just can't compare and analyse the sources under pressure for some reason.

Im trying to remain calm here but I have SO much history to study before Wednesday! How do you study history?

I learn from my essays, I don't exactly learn the essay off but I learn the order of paragraphs and learn the basic points that go into the paragraphs. I basically just have to keep writing things out, or else it doesn't go into my brain.
    Another thing I find helpful with getting high marks in essays is writing short sentences, my teacher said you can only get 1 mark per sentence, even if there are 2 points in the sentence. This strategy has helped me get 100% in class essays since 5th year.

What I'm worried the most about is timing and the fact there is so much writing and my hand already is sore.

I see, they're both good ideas, sorry for all the questions but would you have notes written out as well? Because there are some areas I sill don't have notes written out for!

• Advertisement

Yeah I write notes out, like the heading of the paragraph and then the points. I usually try and do it from memory and then check with the essays to see if I forgot anything. Any no worries, I'm happy to help, history is a tough subject.

Advertisement