Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cannot Thank Posts

Options
  • 01-06-2014 12:48am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I have been browsing Boards as I usually do as I was looking at one of the YLYL threads and tried to thank some images.

However, when I do this it takes me to the reply page as if I clicked on reply instead of thank.

I have a video of it below I recorded so you can see.

I'm using the 2013 Nexus 7 running Android 4.4 KitKat.

Apologies if this is the wrong area.

Thanks!

Video: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_rpa9h9VSqEejh4THFMQmgyems/edit?usp=docslist_api

Edit: Link doesn't seem to be working, I'll try DropBox

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,241 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Have you tried reloading your browser?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Black Swan wrote: »
    Have you tried reloading your browser?

I have.

Restarted my tablet too.

I actually replied to your comment using the Thank button :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,241 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

I actually replied to your comment using the Thank button :rolleyes:
    You might want to start an OP in the Development forum. They are grand for solving bugs.

Black Swan wrote: »
    You might want to start an OP in the Development forum. They are grand for solving bugs.

Thanks! Would you be able to move this thread for me or should I just create another?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Moved from Feedback

• Advertisement

Zaph wrote: »
    Moved from Feedback

Since I can't click the button I'll just have to do it the manual way...

....Thanks! :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,248 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Check that Javascript is enabled.

Spear wrote: »
    Check that Javascript is enabled.

It worked before with no problems so it must be enabled.

Very weird.

Still happening.

Thanks button works fine on Windows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Boards.ie: Alvis

That's quite a strange one, thanks for recording a video of it though.

I've installed Adblock Plus on my own device, cause I saw you had it running and then I was able to reproduce the same issues you were experiencing. If you turn off ABP's filtering just for a moment and refresh the page, do you find that the Thanks button works fine again?

Thanks,
    Alvis.

• Advertisement

That's quite a strange one, thanks for recording a video of it though.

I've installed Adblock Plus on my own device, cause I saw you had it running and then I was able to reproduce the same issues you were experiencing. If you turn off ABP's filtering just for a moment and refresh the page, do you find that the Thanks button works fine again?

Thanks,
    Alvis.

I turned it off and on and it's very weird.

Sometimes it'll let me thank a post and other times it won't.

Gonna unroot my tablet and stuff very soon so I'm sure that'll fix the problem.

Thank you all for your help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I'm having same issue on my nexus 7. Can't view thanks. It usually opens the profile of the poster below the thanked post

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

This is happening for me on the touch site on my Nexus 7 as well but it's intermittent. If I return to the thread & try to Thank again it will (usually) work. Just noticed it in the past week.

Another issue that I've seemed to always had at least on my Nexus 7 is if I make a post and hit post reply sometimes the page will hang.

The only way to fix it is to press the back button then go forward and press post reply again.

Very annoying.

2 months later and I still have this issue!

Nothing has been done to fix it sadly.

I suppose I'll just have to use the Boards app for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

I'm using the m.boards.ie on my Nexus 7 and it works just fine. Maybe switch to that while they sort out touch.

m.boards.ie does have an execution notice over it so don't get too attached (It's a shame because it is the far better mobile interface for tablets and smartphones!).

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement