Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

change in balance

Options
  • 01-06-2014 9:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭

Ok this is a weird situation, I got payed this thursday,so I took out big amount to cover my rent, then did 3-4 transactions online, buying stuff etc.checked my balance afterwards and all was ok, next day took out some cash and bought stuff in the shop, thats being friday, but in the evening I checked my account and it was up in cash :)  next day being saturday checked account again and noticed couple euro drop, but most money is still there, add to thatdisappearing1or 2 transactions that doesnt show up online.even got slip from atm with balance being up, hence no other cash was transfered into account.now i did calculations on what amount i spent in total and know that i should be down a good bit, so question could It be caused by sepa and this week being bank holiday thus transactions dissapearing and payments being cleared so slow.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

It is a pain, I queried this before and the onus is on us to keep track of what we spend and that the system has been known to not show the exact funds at all times, I have been told that the bank can't help when transactions are process by other companies, but what I don't understand is how they appear and disappear ....wish they had an available funds indicator like aib have

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

its a pain with a BOI alright,had one doublecharge when online store experienced an issue,so called the bank and was told they cant do anything about it,lucky enough other party corrected mistake and refunded.
    As for clearing payments seen couple times where it takes 3 working days to clear,so i guess thats what im experiencing here,but
    dissaperaing payments is a new one.
    No wonder people get confused when they see payments later that they dont know where they made by them and so on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Janet

scamalert wrote: »
    Ok this is a weird situation, I got payed this thursday,so I took out big amount to cover my rent, then did 3-4 transactions online, buying stuff etc.checked my balance afterwards and all was ok, next day took out some cash and bought stuff in the shop, thats being friday, but in the evening I checked my account and it was up in cash :)  next day being saturday checked account again and noticed couple euro drop, but most money is still there, add to thatdisappearing1or 2 transactions that doesnt show up online.even got slip from atm with balance being up, hence no other cash was transfered into account.now i did calculations on what amount i spent in total and know that i should be down a good bit, so question could It be caused by sepa and this week being bank holiday thus transactions dissapearing and payments being cleared so slow.

[font=Arial", "sans-serif]Hi,[/font]

[font=Arial", "sans-serif]Thank you for your post.[/font]

[font=Arial", "sans-serif]Payments can be slow to debit your account due to the way they are processed by the retailer.[/font]

[font=Arial", "sans-serif]You’re doing the right thing by monitoring your transactions; we recommend you continue to do this as this will help you keep track of your account balance.[/font]

[font=Arial", "sans-serif]Janette[/font]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Janet

Sirsok wrote: »
    It is a pain, I queried this before and the onus is on us to keep track of what we spend and that the system has been known to not show the exact funds at all times, I have been told that the bank can't help when transactions are process by other companies, but what I don't understand is how they appear and disappear ....wish they had an available funds indicator like aib have

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback, we will pass this on.

Janette

Advertisement