Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TP Link homeplugs

Options
  • 01-06-2014 9:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

Well one of my TP Link homeplugs just died (all lights off) after about a year of use. Seems to be a common problem - they offer a 3 month guarantee, so I'm assuming they realise the limited lifespan of these things too.

So I'm looking for a replacement, and since I've now got 3 devices connected to my router via the homeplug, I'm willing to spend a little more for quality and longevity. I see a few options on Amazon but for the same price as I paid for the TP Links, so I'm doubtful of their quality too. Is it just the nature of the beast with these homeplugs? Am I better off looking at more permanent solutions, ie drilling holes in my floors and using ethernet cables?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭catfax

Yeah dont buy TP-Link ones they are buggy and poorly made, try Billion or at least one of the band names like Netgear or Zyxel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

corblimey wrote: »
    Well one of my TP Link homeplugs just died (all lights off) after about a year of use. Seems to be a common problem - they offer a 3 month guarantee, so I'm assuming they realise the limited lifespan of these things too.

So I'm looking for a replacement, and since I've now got 3 devices connected to my router via the homeplug, I'm willing to spend a little more for quality and longevity. I see a few options on Amazon but for the same price as I paid for the TP Links, so I'm doubtful of their quality too. Is it just the nature of the beast with these homeplugs? Am I better off looking at more permanent solutions, ie drilling holes in my floors and using ethernet cables?
    I've brought a few back to life using the software that comes with them in the box.
    Give it a go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

Run a cat 5 cable, guaranteed to give gigabit full duplex and leaves you futureproof

Advertisement