Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digging holes

• 01-06-2014 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭

Have a 14 month old cocker, this morning left her out in garden and then discovered she had dug a hole ,,,, any ideas why they dig or how do I stop it?

Many thanks

Roy

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

Op to be honest most dogs will dig given the opportunity my cocker who's 9 loves to dig. While we have a dig proof garden, cobble locking , decking etc when he's up in my parents laws house they have an acre he loves to dig..
    So not much help sorry!
    Some people recommend you get a child's sand pit, fill it with the dogs toys so she may learn to dig in a specific place etc, and not the entire garden.
    I'm surprised its taken her so long to dig (14months) in my old garden my guy was digging from day dot.
    :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Kinzig

my cocker can shift more soil than a JCB:D..the garden has went downhill since he arrived..while your mending one hole hes digging another behind you:eek:....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Hooked

Kinzig wrote: »
    my cocker can shift more soil than a JCB:D..the garden has went downhill since he arrived..while your mending one hole hes digging another behind you:eek:....

I feel your pain. Our 6 month old husky has reminded his 3 year old brother how much he loves to dig. The pair of them could be hired out to do foundations...

Advertisement