Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Lemon Balm Plant ::: Can I put steroids on it?

• 01-06-2014 11:27am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 98 ✭✭

Hello,

I bought a pot in Tesco, and it is Lemon Balm.

The question is, how do I care for it deeply?, as in should I water it,etc?.

Questions:
    - Can I use the fertilizer? (I bought it in Garden centers, its in green bottle)
    - What if I use nettle fertilizer?, I gathered loads of nettles and put them in a bucket of water.
    ^^ ->> So, would any of those choices be safe as of now?, would it burn the Lemon Balm or help it?. Thank you.
    - Any other tips please?.

Thank You very much

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

I've been growing lemon balm for yonks. It is quite low maintenance. Water it well, provide a decent amount of sunlight and it will thrive. I've never fed mine, other than the odd dollop of Miracle Gro in the watering can once in a blue moon. It just never seems to need it.

Are you planning on leaving it in the pot, or planting it in the ground out doors? I've had the odd pot here and there on my window sill, but it does much better in the ground. It grows quite quickly and can take over other smaller herbs & plants if you are not careful. I tend to leave my garden alone over the winter. This winter, the lemon balm just took care of itself and was still thriving come the Spring. It is nearly two feet tall and two feet wide now, with very little interference from me.

If you are leaving it in the pot, just stand it in a saucer of water when the soil look and feels dry. It will soak up whatever it needs soon enough. If the water disappears in a matter of minutes, just refill the saucer.

Advertisement