Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The TF "new owners"

Options
  • 01-06-2014 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭

I see its back in pat jennings hands again, The man must have 9 lives in a business sense.

Lots of people and i know personally one or two , still sore from the last liquidation. I doubt he will be getting much on credit.

The lack of a late bar/niteclub other than coxs is killing the town along with the bus to Westport.

Coxs is just depressing now.
    I can't see the tf doing it as its not setup for it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

With the talk of them putting in a Starbucks concession and a Ticketmaster I can see them renovating the old nightclub to accommodate them, also no word yet on any job benefit it will bring.

As you pointed out not sure how Pat has got in again, he is notorious for not paying people on time or at all in some cases and had a restraining order against going near the the TF when the bank came in.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

Still though, it's nice to hear it's opening again, let's just hope the acts they get in are actually good and not just Jedward/Showbands that they have been getting the last number of years

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Still though, it's nice to hear it's opening again, let's just hope the acts they get in are actually good and not just Jedward/Showbands that they have been getting the last number of years

Opening again ? It never shut. The reason some of the better acts have stayed away was because some of them never got paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

irishgeo wrote: »
    Opening again ? It never shut. The reason some of the better acts have stayed away was because some of them never got paid.

Ah I know it never closed but they all stayed away once the bank came in, their is meant to be a announcement of upcoming gigs in the next while, it will be interesting to see who's billed to play

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

I wish Pat Jennings, his family and associates in this venture all the best.

• Advertisement

nuac wrote: »
    I wish Pat Jennings, his family and associates in this venture all the best.

Pat is just going to be the creative director for the theater, Islandeady Properties and Lansdowne Francs have purchased all the assests from from Andrew O'Leary & Kieran Wallace, KPMG.

The acquisition includes The Royal Theatre, The Ruby Room, Mayo Conference Centre, TF Hotel, Harlequin Hotel (4 Star), Multi Storey Car Park and The Royal Quarter Retail Area incorporating Boots Chemists and other various Retail Stores, The Mosaic and other car parks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭voz es

I wonder if Pat has any family members in any of the mentoned groups that bought the hotel back..... For the record I don't know just interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

Xenji wrote: »
    Pat is just going to be the creative director for the theater, Islandeady Properties and Lansdowne Francs have purchased all the assests from from Andrew O'Leary & Kieran Wallace, KPMG.

The acquisition includes The Royal Theatre, The Ruby Room, Mayo Conference Centre, TF Hotel, Harlequin Hotel (4 Star), Multi Storey Car Park and The Royal Quarter Retail Area incorporating Boots Chemists and other various Retail Stores, The Mosaic and other car parks.

One problem.... directors of Islandeady Properties Castlebar Ltd are Pat and Louise Jennings. The company was only set up 7 months ago to purchase the TF back. He's definitely 'creative' all right.
    voz es wrote: »
    I wonder if Pat has any family members in any of the mentoned groups that bought the hotel back..... For the record I don't know just interested.
    Ya directors of the Islandeady Properties.

how does he get away with it, its the 3rd time he has gone bust now and he has got it back 3 times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

how does he get away with it, its the 3rd time he has gone bust now and he has got it back 3 times.

I think the 'Pat' Jennings is Pat Jr., the son who's in his mid 20's. Still it's a technicality. We all know who's going to be calling the shots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Lissavane

Correct.

Just shows how many times the rich can screw up and get away with it. You wouldn't get past the door in there without paying.

All us taxpayers have just bailed him out again. Nice for him:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭glic71rods46t0

Anybody know if the story reported last year of the TF being bought back by the Jennings family and others is correct. It was announced with great fanfare around May/June but I haven't heard anything since. Anyone know the truth of what's gone on there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

the_pits wrote: »
    Google is a very good friend

file:///C:/Users/Steve/Downloads/The+TF+Royal+Theatre+and+the+Royal+Quarter+Castlebar+has+new+owners..pdf

Steve, that's a file on your hard disc.

Anybody know if the story reported last year of the TF being bought back by the Jennings family and others is correct. It was announced with great fanfare around May/June but I haven't heard anything since. Anyone know the truth of what's gone on there?

http://www.theroyal.ie/blog/entry/good-news-for-the-royal-theatre-harlequin-hotel-and-the-royal-quarter-castlebar

Mr Jennings is only running the theatre., not the whole thing.

No sign of the starbucks or the ticketmaster retail store or the UK grocery outfit although i haven't been in the theatre in ages.

http://www.theroyal.ie/blog/entry/good-news-for-the-royal-theatre-harlequin-hotel-and-the-royal-quarter-castlebar

Mr Jennings is only running the theatre., not the whole thing.

No sign of the starbucks or the ticketmaster retail store or the UK grocery outfit although i haven't been in the theatre in ages.

He is running more than that, a friend of mine recently had a very bad experience with the Harlequin and it was clear as day to him how things have ended up being ran.

I have seen nothing, except the press release from may/June 2014 to suggest that Pat Jennings is running the TF or any other part of his former empire.
    It just seems like that press release was taken as fact and reported in many newspapers but I am starting to suspect that the press release was wishful thinking. Anyone know any different?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Pat Jennings is only running the theater nothing else.

yop wrote: »
    Pat Jennings is only running the theater nothing else.

MWR had the owner on a while back about clamping in the car parks. It wasn't pat Jennings.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

MWR had the owner on a while back about clamping in the car parks. It wasn't pat Jennings.

Dublin company own the hotel, a relation of my missus mates brother owns it. Only talking about it this weekend.
    Pats son is also involved.

• Advertisement

A search of the CRO reveals 3 companies:

Islandeady Properties Castlebar Ltd
    HH Hotels (Castlebar) Ltd
    Castlebar Royal Theatre Ltd

All 3 companies were registered in 2013 and have not, as yet, filed an annual return but they look like they are just zombie companies. If they had bought the TF there would be mortgages registered against the companies but none are registered.
    The 3 companies have the same 3 directors:
    Pat Jennings (jnr)
    Louise Jennings
    and Seamus Sutcliffe

My suspicion is that this lot "blew their load early" and announced a takeover before a deal was done and the deal fell apart. I think there would be a huge amount of press releases and photos of Pat Snr in the TF if he was back running it.
    The announcement that Pat Snr would be creative director "with immediate effect" was not followed up

All 3 companies were registered in 2013 and have not, as yet, filed an annual return but they look like they are just zombie companies. If they had bought the TF there would be mortgages registered against the companies but none are registered.
    Pat Jennings (jnr)
    Louise Jennings
    and Seamus Sutcliffe

My suspicion is that this lot "blew their load early" and announced a takeover before a deal was done and the deal fell apart. I think there would be a huge amount of press releases and photos of Pat Snr in the TF if he was back running it.
    The announcement that Pat Snr would be creative director "with immediate effect" was not followed up

No press as he doesn't run the TF. Sutcliffe own it and run it.

You seem to be "in the know" on these matters. Which company did Sutcliffe use to buy the hotel?
    I don't believe that he owns it by the way but I will happily do a CRO search on any company you believe was used to purchase the hotel.

You seem to be "in the know" on these matters. Which company did Sutcliffe use to buy the hotel?
    I don't believe that he owns it by the way but I will happily do a CRO search on any company you believe was used to purchase the hotel.

Couldn't tell you what company, as I don't know or care to be honest. I do know that Sutcliffe owns it.

Why not pop into the TF and ask them for the details, I'm sure they would tell you if you are interested?

Out of interest why the big interest in doing CRO searches on the TF?

Pat Jennings (jnr)
    Louise Jennings
    and Seamus Sutcliffe

The licencing laws are pretty strict so someone must own it.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭12 element

Interesting reading if you google Seamus Sutcliffe name, seems to have been in court a good few times!

12 element wrote: »
    Interesting reading if you google Seamus Sutcliffe name, seems to have been in court a good few times!

he works for an insolvency company, what do you expect in a recession.

The licencing laws are pretty strict so someone must own it.

I suspect that the receivers to Pat Jennings company "Diorama Ltd - in receivership" own the business and that they are the ones who have the licence.

• Advertisement

Couldn't tell you what company, as I don't know or care to be honest. I do know that Sutcliffe owns it.
    So in other words, you don't know but you have it on sound authority froma friend of a relation of an inlaw:rolleyes:
    Why not pop into the TF and ask them for the details, I'm sure they would tell you if you are interested?
    Well, I don't live in Castlebar and I was rather hoping to get a credible answer from someone who knows rather than making the journey to Castlebar - that's the thing about these discussion forums - you can ask questions on the internet and hopefully get a credible answer - but unfortunately you can also attract useless replies as well

Out of interest why the big interest in doing CRO searches on the TF?
    Why the big interest? To get an answer as to who owns the TF now - pretty much the entire point of this whole thread, which I didn't start. This is a discussion forum where people ask questions looking for answers from people who know, not looking for an interrogation on my motives, ta very much!

I call shenanigans on Sutcliffe et al owning the TF or related businesses

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement