Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The TF "new owners"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

I see they have ceased clamping in the area in the parking areas around the TF. (royal quarter me ar*e)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

I see they have ceased clamping in the area in the parking areas around the TF. (royal quarter me ar*e)

Yeah if its not in the planning permission you can't do it. Mr Kilcoyne found that one out. Also stopped in the car park behind centra as well.

This is the best thread in ages. I heard it all now. Yop as the owner of the TF :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭glic71rods46t0

irishgeo wrote: »
    This is the best thread in ages. I heard it all now. Yop as the owner of the TF :)

Maybe Yop is the owner of TF - he seems very concerned about it and the burden of proof in this forum seems to be fairly low. If Yop says it, it must be true:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

What say you Yop? are you indeed the secret Svengali of our beloved theatre? :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭yorlum11

I'm taking Yop's side on this. All he has said is true. Sometimes you are just in the know. Either believe it or not. No biggie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

It is great to see these premises back in business. I have great admiration for the Jennings family, ever since Paddy and his wife started a small shop opposite the hospital in the late forties.

They have expanded over the years and over the generations and more power to them. They have brought a lot of business into Castlebar.

I realise that in course of various changes some creditors have been left unpaid. That is a feature of modern commercial life - i.e. in the numerous examinerships etc many creditors have had to write down debt.

If the county had more people with the same energy and enterprise we would be better off.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

nuac wrote: »
    It is great to see these premises back in business. I have great admiration for the Jennings family, ever since Paddy and his wife started a small shop opposite the hospital in the late forties.

They have expanded over the years and over the generations and more power to them. They have brought a lot of business into Castlebar.

I realise that in course of various changes some creditors have been left unpaid. That is a feature of modern commercial life - i.e. in the numerous examinerships etc many creditors have had to write down debt.

If the county had more people with the same energy and enterprise we would be better off.

Well, with three liquidations/administrations/receiverships since 1989, imo, the credibility of the current family connections in that set-up are well stretched. The way that business was run into the ground on 3 occasions has me and a lot of other people around the town confused. You could say .....smell......big rat.....

Well, with three liquidations/administrations/receiverships since 1989, imo, the credibility of the current family connections in that set-up are well stretched. The way that business was run into the ground on 3 occasions has me and a lot of other people around the town confused. You could say .....smell......big rat.....

I don't know the detail of any of that, except to say business is tough, and there are no certainties outside of death and taxes

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Quite a few court cases revolving bouncers as well, restraining orders, multiple co owners including Joe Dolan at one point and acts and DJs owed thousands still.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Maybe Yop is the owner of TF - he seems very concerned about it and the burden of proof in this forum seems to be fairly low. If Yop says it, it must be true:rolleyes:

Ah your not able to walk away ;) Quelle surprise.

I think I have said it plenty of time that I have little interest in the TF, concerned definitely not, just stating what I know, the town knows really and seemingly what the threads "jim corr" can't. Accept if if you wish, if not then work away.

Seriously lacking credibility in town and definitely find it hard to find sympathy for them. Have burned a lot of people of each of the 3 occasions.
    But you have to acknowledge their ability to get up again and go at it.

• Advertisement

One would assume that suppliers are not offering credit these days having being burned 2 or 3 times. I know people who are owed money and are not happy about the phoneix like rise from the ashes.

yop wrote: »
    Ah your not able to walk away ;) Quelle surprise.

I think I have said it plenty of time that I have little interest in the TF, concerned definitely not, just stating what I know, the town knows really and seemingly what the threads "jim corr" can't. Accept if if you wish, if not then work away.

You have offered no evidence to counter my assertions. Bring the evidence you claim to have or just admit that you have none and stop spoofing, you are really showing yourself up now:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭12 element

You have offered no evidence to counter my assertions. Bring the evidence you claim to have or just admit that you have none and stop spoofing, you are really showing yourself up now:cool:

There's a planning aplication on the councils website listing Islandeady Properties (Castlebar) Ltd as the owner and Seamus Sutcliffe as a director of the company.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Nope, evidence all over the place, your just not able to find it ;)

Up to you to accept it or move on, but true to form, that aint happening ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

In September 2014 the Royal Theatre and TF Hotel applied for planning permission to Mayo County Council for a Starbucks Cafe which they later withdrew.

As part of that planning application form you have to list the legal owner of the development. This was listed as Islandeady Properties (Castlebar) Ltd.

As it's a company they have to list all the directors which are listed as Patrick Jennings, Louise Jennings and Seamus Sutcliffe and the company registeration number is 533486.

The application was withdrawn on 11th December 2014

This is proof of the owners of the Royal Theatre and TF Hotel.

As I mentioned at the start of this thread I believe the Patrick Jennings listed to be Patrick Jennings Jr but don't have proof of this which would allow Yop to be right in saying that Patrick Jennings Sr doesn't own it. However if two of the Directors are his direct relation you can presume he has serious input in the ownership of it.

This should put an end to the argument of who owns it.

The Hotel and Theatre site owned by Islandeady Properties (Castlebar) Ltd is outlined in Red on the map below:

http://i.imgur.com/abuETj6.jpg

Dudda wrote: »
    In September 2014 the Royal Theatre and TF Hotel applied for planning permission to Mayo County Council for a Starbucks Cafe which they later withdrew.

As part of that planning application form you have to list the legal owner of the development. This was listed as Islandeady Properties (Castlebar) Ltd.

As it's a company they have to list all the directors which are listed as Patrick Jennings, Louise Jennings and Seamus Sutcliffe and the company registeration number is 533486.

The application was withdrawn on 11th December 2014

This is proof of the owners of the Royal Theatre and TF Hotel.

As I mentioned at the start of this thread I believe the Patrick Jennings listed to be Patrick Jennings Jr but don't have proof of this which would allow Yop to be right in saying that Patrick Jennings Sr doesn't own it. However if two of the Directors are his direct relation you can presume he has serious input in the ownership of it.

This should put an end to the argument of who owns it.

The Hotel and Theatre site owned by Islandeady Properties (Castlebar) Ltd is outlined in Red on the map below:

http://i.imgur.com/abuETj6.jpg

Thats it exactly Dudda. Its Patrick Jennings junior.
    The 2 are his kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭6541

Pat Jennings owns the TF. Fully stop. Move on ! Nothing to see here !

6541 wrote: »
    Pat Jennings owns the TF. Fully stop. Move on ! Nothing to see here !

he doesnt , he is not listed as a director and therefore is only taking a wage.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

In the interest of pedantry, being a director doesn't make you an owner (and vice versa).

oscarBravo wrote: »
    In the interest of pedantry, being a director doesn't make you an owner (and vice versa).

Don't confuse them even more, its bad enough as it is :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭6541

I had a pint with pat over the xmas, believe me he owns the TF.

I have a bridge for sale

Will buy you a pint on completion

have you got proof of this , apparently its no good just have someone's word on it. I need proof.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

No Starbucks Pumpkin Lattes so?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭finisklin

nuac wrote: »
    I have a bridge for sale

Will buy you a pint on completion

Sounds like a bridge too far:D

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Slightly Bunkers

*MOD NOTE* REMOVED

so it turns out that the planning permission "proof" of ownership of the TF is not a "proof" at all.
    Its a matter of public record that Sutcliffe bought part of the carpark from Gaughan some time ago and has been busy trying to do something with it. Everything from clamping to trying to build on it.
    The planning permission "proof" only proves that he owns part of the car parking, doesn't prove anything else.

so it turns out that the planning permission "proof" of ownership of the TF is not a "proof" at all.
    Its a matter of public record that Sutcliffe bought part of the carpark from Gaughan some time ago and has been busy trying to do something with it. Everything from clamping to trying to build on it.
    The planning permission "proof" only proves that he owns part of the car parking, doesn't prove anything else.

ha ha, ah its proof indeed, everyone knows he owns the TF. You should drop in someday to have a chat with him, he is great craic.
    Had pint with him there 2 weeks ago, he is delighted to be the owner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

What a load of crap. You haven't a clue do you?

Let me present Exhibit B - Ordnance Survey Ireland Site Location Plan
    The site outlined in red is the site owned by Islaneady Properties (Castlebar) Ltd with the proposed coffee shop hatched in Red.

The carpark opposite boots I've hatched in solid pink. As you can see it is outside the area of the red line site.
    (The pink is not on the original and I added it for reference. I can provide the original too if required)

• Advertisement

Dudda wrote: »
    What a load of crap. You haven't a clue do you?

Let me present Exhibit B - Ordnance Survey Ireland Site Location Plan
    The site outlined in red is the site owned by Islaneady Properties (Castlebar) Ltd with the proposed coffee shop hatched in Red.

The carpark opposite boots I've hatched in solid pink. As you can see it is outside the area of the red line site.
    (The pink is not on the original and I added it for reference. I can provide the original too if required)

Where is exhibit C? :)

Nose on face comes to mind.

Thread is going no where much anyway, so might be time to nail it on the head.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement