Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The TF "new owners"

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

I believe the hotel has closed it's doors again. passed by this morning and it looked that way. Where are you going to go for your pint now Yop? :pac:

They've locked me in, I'm getting free pints now! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

yop wrote: »
    They've locked me in, I'm getting free pints now! :D

can you let me in as well. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Mayo Miss

Closed? Well they have a post on their Facebook page earlier today that Tom Jones is coming in June.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭Pipmae

I am due to attend an upcoming event and I've received confirmation that it has been moved from the theatre. The reason given is the theatre is closing.

Disgraceful that they're still selling tickets for events when they know it's closing. Their website, Facebook page and Twitter page show no signs of the closure.

islandeady properties hasn't filed any returns to company registration office since it was set-up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

I bought tickets for Jimmy Carr that's months away. What's the chances of that going ahead do you think?

Dudda wrote: »
    I bought tickets for Jimmy Carr that's months away. What's the chances of that going ahead do you think?

No one has a clue. Its all rumour at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

It looks like the theatre is closing, but they are being vague as if it is indefinite or for a certain length.

Well my event is scheduled for the weekend of 26th June 2015 and it has been cancelled and moved elsewhere.

Pipmae wrote: »
    Well my event is scheduled for the weekend of 26th June 2015 and it has been cancelled and moved elsewhere.

any reason given

• Advertisement

irishgeo wrote: »
    any reason given

I have been told the theatre is closing. The event has been moved to the Breaffy House Hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭statto25

Looking at their website June couldn't be a worse month to close. They have a couple of music gigs including Tom Jones, Shrek, theater and a world dancing championship. A local GAA club is also holding a fundraising night. Its all very strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭6541

So who won Yop or Fencer ? Just asking like :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

its awful looking from the outside, surely they could improve the look of the place if they wanted to be successful?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭StewartGriffin

RossieMan wrote: »
    its awful looking from the outside, surely they could improve the look of the place if they wanted to be successful?

Bit late now I'm afraid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭glic71rods46t0

islandeady properties hasn't filed any returns to company registration office since it was set-up.

I raised that earlier in the thread (some months ago) and you're right - it still hasn't filed anything. It is past due to make an annual return and the company will end up being listed for strike off by the CRO if it doesn't file soon.

If Islandeady properties had bought the TF, it would have done so by way of debt finance and a mortgage would have to be registered on the company at the CRO - no such registration has taken place.
    For me, this indicates that they didn't buy the TF at all. I suspect that they are leasing it from the receivers and have had issues with the rent - I have no proof of this - just my suspicion

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

*Mod Note - Don't be silly in what you post, I've already deleted one and the person didn't learn from it, no more warnings***

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

statto25 wrote: »
    Looking at their website June couldn't be a worse month to close. They have a couple of music gigs including Tom Jones, Shrek, theater and a world dancing championship. A local GAA club is also holding a fundraising night. Its all very strange.

From twitter this morning,

MayoHour retweeted
    Royal Theatre ‏@TheRoyalCbar 4h4 hours ago
    Great reaction to Tom Jones ticket sales! Phones hopping all morning

Something very odd is going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

Something very odd is going on.

It's not unusual

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭glic71rods46t0

I raised that earlier in the thread (some months ago) and you're right - it still hasn't filed anything. It is past due to make an annual return and the company will end up being listed for strike off by the CRO if it doesn't file soon.

If Islandeady properties had bought the TF, it would have done so by way of debt finance and a mortgage would have to be registered on the company at the CRO - no such registration has taken place.
    For me, this indicates that they didn't buy the TF at all. I suspect that they are leasing it from the receivers and have had issues with the rent - I have no proof of this - just my suspicion

An update on this ongoing saga - my prediction above has come to pass and Islandeady Properties (Castlebar) Ltd has been listed for strike off by the CRO (presumably for failing to make statutory returns to the Companies Office).
    The alleged owners of the TF will have to make a return now to avoid being struck off so the truth about the ownership of the assets will finally be revealed .... watch this space!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

The Tf is looking well with it's new paint job and shrubs. At least whoever the 'owner' is is maintaining the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

The Tf is looking well with it's new paint job and shrubs. At least whoever the 'owner' is is maintaining the place.

I was just thinking that meself when i passed by it during the week.

mayo.mick wrote: »
    I was just thinking that meself when i passed by it during the week.

Its going very well for the organisers, place has plenty going on. Great for the town.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭6541

Its going very well for the organisers, place has plenty going on. Great for the town.

What ? The TF is a disgrace, they held Castlebar to random, never paid local people. The sooner the TF is closed down and done with the better.The people of Castlebar have spoken, Every weekend they get on the Buses to Westport because neither the TF or the Welcome Inn can be trusted to run any sort of live venue.

6541 wrote: »
    What ? The TF is a disgrace, they held Castlebar to random, never paid local people. The sooner the TF is closed down and done with the better.The people of Castlebar have spoken, Every weekend they get on the Buses to Westport because neither the TF or the Welcome Inn can be trusted to run any sort of live venue.

The TF isn't allowed have a nightclub as part of the licence conditions for the therate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

Jimmy Carr, Nathan Carter, Keith Barry and a kids show in December and nothing in January. That's not a hell of a lot. If you were going to buy someone tickets for something as a Christmas present (which I've done before in the past) the only choice is Nathan Carter.
    The Westport Town Hall Theatre reopened in July after a major refurbishment and while a lot smaller compared to the TF Theatre its starting to attract a lot of the people who would have previously preformed in Castlebar. eg in comedy Jason Byrne, Des Bishop and Neil Delamere all preformed on previous tours in Castlebar and are due to preform in Westport now over the coming weeks.
    Its a similar storey in music. For example Mike Denver is due to play Westport the first week in December while previously he'd play regularly in Castlebar.

Even the pantomime which was in the TF for the last 10 years has moved to Breaffy.

I live in Castlebar and love going to comedians so I'm going to Jimmy Carr in the TF in about 4 weeks but I'd have gone to the others if they were in Castlebar like I did in previous years. I thought Neil Delamere was brilliant the last time he was in the TF but will now be travelling to Westport.

Do you know of additional shows not advertised? Are they having a new years concert this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

The last event I was at in the TF was Therapy? and even before they came on, the bar had no draught beer or bottles left, the main bar was the same, it was honestly one of the most pathetic sights I ever saw, well besides friends being owed anywhere from a couple of hundred to a couple of thousand euro from the owners of the time.

Do you know of additional shows not advertised? Are they having a new years concert this year?
    No idea, what ever is on the website I am sure.
    Been to a good few concerts over the years and found them very good.
    Westport will put it up to them with the new venue but it will not have a big capacity on crowds, but its a fine venue

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭statto25

No sign of it on the website. There is an Elvis tribute advertised in February and nothing after that. Seven events from now until Xmas including Keith Barry, Jimmy Carr and Nathan Carter

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement