Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The TF "new owners"

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

6541 wrote: »
    I am confused here, there was a lot of talk about the TF between a couple of posters on here, claim and counter claim sort of thing. So what is the real story, is it in the Jennings Family or not ?

noone knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭statto25

Connacht T running an article indicating the Prem Group have taken over both hotels.

http://www.con-telegraph.ie/news/roundup/articles/2016/05/31/4120706-new-era-for-longestablished-mayo-hotel-/

A quick Google indicates they are a hotel management company based in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭glic71rods46t0

6541 wrote: »
    I am confused here, there was a lot of talk about the TF between a couple of posters on here, claim and counter claim sort of thing. So what is the real story, is it in the Jennings Family or not ?

Jennings owned the TF and related businesses via his company Diorama Ltd. Diorama mortgaged the assets of the TF with Bank of Scotland in 2005 and they appointed a receiver to the assets in 2012.
    There was very little publicly available information after that until recently.
    It would appear that Seamus Sutcliffe bought a surface carpark area of the TF from Tony Gaughan for a nominal sum and caused some problems for the receivers (remember some hoarding going up blocking access to parts of the TF a few years ago).
    This disruption translated into bargaining power and suddenly Sutcliffe and the Jennings (Pat Jnr & Louise) set up Islandeady Properties and announced that they had taken over the TF.
    Some people wee duped into thinking that Sutcliffe/Jennings had bought the TF but it seems all they did was run it on behalf of the receiver - and suddenly all the disruption stopped.
    Recent developments have proven what I had suspected all along - Sutcliffe/Jennings never took over ownership of the TF - just managed the hotel for the receiver and now they have been kicked out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭6541

Dudda wrote: »

That vindicates everything I have said on this thread since last year. Yop - you owe me an apology for your disgraceful posts on this thread.
    What is the outcome of this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Jennings owned the TF and related businesses via his company Diorama Ltd. Diorama mortgaged the assets of the TF with Bank of Scotland in 2005 and they appointed a receiver to the assets in 2012.
    There was very little publicly available information after that until recently.
    It would appear that Seamus Sutcliffe bought a surface carpark area of the TF from Tony Gaughan for a nominal sum and caused some problems for the receivers (remember some hoarding going up blocking access to parts of the TF a few years ago).
    This disruption translated into bargaining power and suddenly Sutcliffe and the Jennings (Pat Jnr & Louise) set up Islandeady Properties and announced that they had taken over the TF.
    Some people wee duped into thinking that Sutcliffe/Jennings had bought the TF but it seems all they did was run it on behalf of the receiver - and suddenly all the disruption stopped.
    Recent developments have proven what I had suspected all along - Sutcliffe/Jennings never took over ownership of the TF - just managed the hotel for the receiver and now they have been kicked out

Does Sutcliffe still own the car park?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭6541

So was Fencer correct ? Did Yop apologies for his "disgraceful posts" what is the outcome of this squabble ? The people on the Mayo forum need answers...

• Registered Users Posts: 9 hsebldMO

Hate to resurrect an old thread but...

Seems to me like Yop has gone awful quiet on the subject. All the "Ah sure I know the crack and if you don't take my word for it its your problem - I don't have to prove anything I'm just a small town gombeen who thinks he knows all" attitude was blown apart by Fencer's thorough logical approach.

Well done Fencer.

Whoever made you a mod Yop should take another look.

The situation in Castlebar is much the same; theatre remains closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement