Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exam Attendant 2014

• 01-06-2014 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Got chose to do exam attendant this year but I got to do different exam centres with only 1 to 2 students in a room. I was told I'm being paid by the VEC instead of being paid by the superintendent and my payment will be slightly later than others doing the same jobs.

Anyone know how late can the payments be?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

If the forms are in before the end of June, you should be paid at the latest by late July. Many ETBs would be quicker - that would be worst case scenario.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 cobrien14

spurious wrote: »
    If the forms are in before the end of June, you should be paid at the latest by late July. Many ETBs would be quicker - that would be worst case scenario.

Thanks! Do you know if the student leaves the exam room early and the centre closes will I still get paid for the full exam length? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 96 ✭✭Nick_1494

cobrien14 wrote: »
    Thanks! Do you know if the student leaves the exam room early and the centre closes will I still get paid for the full exam length? :)

I don't think the centres close until the very end even if nobody's there. At lest it didn't when I did it!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

cobrien14 wrote: »

I think you might be reassigned if there is something else needs doing, but don't quote me on that, it's just what I have seen happen in our place.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 hart2hart

To C OBRIEN. I'd advise you to check with the Principal of whichever school you are in as Exam Attendants are normally paid directly by the Exam Superintendent that they are looking after - it would have nothing to do with the VEC/ETB.
    The only time the ETB would be paying you is if you are an Exam Scribe/Reader etc.,

• Advertisement
Advertisement