Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inchicore - The park with the totem poles and church made out of rock

Options
  • 01-06-2014 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭

I was drunk there the other night and ended up in a park in Inchicore, it had these wooden totem pole looking things and a church (I think thats what it was) that looked like a big rock that, the kinda thing you'd go rock climbing on. There was a proper church in the area too, I think it was beside the park can't remember though. Anyone know the name of the park. Made a new friend from an estate right by there but I added an extra digit to his number when I was taking it down so I'm thinking if I find the name of the estate, I'll ring a few houses from the phone book until I get the right one.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭coolemon

I think you are talking about the Oblates. The big rock thing is called The Grotto and has statue of Mary within. It was built I believe by CIE workers and the local community. Behind all of this is a park. And from memory there are wooden poles with artworks on them. It is all owned by the Catholic Church.

Strange place to end up drunk. Did you climb the 20ft railings to get in :)

http://enid.b.uib.no/files/2012/05/irish_lourdes.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭BogMonkey

Nice one, you're a legend. Thats the place. We didn't climb the railings but I was tempted. We ended up in stranger places than that, we ended up in the sea. North Strand I think it was. Lucky none of us drowned haha. Cheers, I should be able to find the lads number now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

Sounds like a good night!

Advertisement