Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rosso Ducati Ireland, opinions?

• 01-06-2014 2:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭MargeS

Has anyone experience with servicing in Rosso Ducati Ireland?
    I'm wondering if it's worth travelling 260 miles return.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

For what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

ERMMM...think he said servicing....:p....Theres some guys in Kimmage/terenure area that have a good reputation........

http://mototechnic.ie/contactmap?view=svmap

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Ah ok yeah give Robbie a call he's sound...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Forget about Ducati Dublin and go straight to Robbie at Mototechnic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭MargeS

The engine management light is on.
    I know the plugs are fine, oil is fine, new battery and belt changed also. I've been looking up diagnostic software to see if I can diagnose the issue myself. But I reckon at this stage someone with Ducati experience might be a safer bet than me messing with the ECU.
    Also the alarm stopped working a year or more ago...

• Advertisement

Robbie in mototechnic is a good bet. He's worked in Ducati Dublin for years, knows them inside out.
    Brought mine to him and got a load of stuff done, very reasonably priced for labour and he won't bullshít you. Give him a call before you make the trip.

Zascar wrote: »
    Ah ok yeah give Robbie a call he's sound...

Maybe an idea for a sticky...."Recommended garages/mechanics for bikes".....;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I can vouch for robbie as well. He spent a half hour adjusting the suspension on my old XT600 and wouldn't take a cent off me for it !!. Sound lad :)

Yeah Robbie's sound, has sorted me loads of times and very reasonably priced. Unlike a lot of other mechanics he never moans!
    We'll be redoing a lot of stickys soon so yes that is an idea...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭serious3

Another vote for Robbie!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭rowanh

I just brought my bike to him to get serviced and because he was a bit late in he ended up fixing a load of stuff on the bike for nothing. He seems like a really good guy.

rowanh wrote: »
    I just brought my bike to him to get serviced and because he was a bit late in he ended up fixing a load of stuff on the bike for nothing. He seems like a really good guy.

Yeah..thats why he has a good reputation...mates Ducati needed some extra bits but he didnt charge for fitting, just for the bits....sound guy i believe..

• Site Banned Posts: 62 ✭✭Rainwaterman

Robbie is a fully trained Ducati master mechanic.Robbie went to Bologna to be trained and certified by the Ducati Factory.You couldnt ask to meet a nicer chap than Robbie and your bike is in great hands with him.Hes a great mechanic with any make of bike,not just Ducati.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Greenfastbomb

Just want to give you an idea of what to expect if you use Rosso Ducati in Dublin.

My mechanic told me when servicing the bike last December that there was a warranty recall on my Multistrada (dodgey Ohlins fork leg foot that needs to be replaced). Needed to go to a main dealer for this so considered going up north to Millsport, but decided to save money and travel and use Rosso Ducati, after all how bad could they be right?

After several calls trying to convince the "service manager" that my bike was due this work (finally had to send them pictures!) they ordered the parts and booked it in.

Got the bike up to them on the day, was called later that day to say that the parts they told me that had arrived for my bike were actually not for my bike - so I had to wait another few days while they actually ordered and waited on the parts.

Then got a call once the work was supposed to be done saying that (1) they has discovered a "loose clip" on a water hose and to replace it they had to change the coolant (€150). (2) They also claimed to have found the brakes to be "dangerous" and wanted me to pay €250 for ducati front pads + €150 fitting and would not release the bike without doing this. After haggling they agreed to fit EBC pads (still €80 + 150 fitting!). When I got to them to collect the bike the original "dangerous" pads had disappeared and they couldn't show them to me! They also spent time trying to convince me that the warranty recall item they had just done was actually my fault as they said the allen keys had been overtightened (these are allen keys that had probably not been touched since leaving the factory!).

After being properly chinned AND insulted I was glad to just get the bike out of there, but this is just where my problems were just starting. New brakes were squeeking badly within a few days. Had to take them out and refit them. They hadn't even bothered to put copper grease on them.. Bike was also running a bit lumpy, it had been recently serviced and running perfectly before I sent it in. Was going to leave it till my next service with my mechanic, but now it has started cutting out at traffic lights, so it's going into my mechanic Monday to get whatever Rosso Ducati have done to it repaired.

In short, I should have saved myself lots of hassle and a few hundred quid by traveling up to Millsport. Only advice I can give Ducati owners is use Robbie in Mototechnic (great guy) or use a trusted non Ducati bike mechanic, but whatever you do stay away from the thieving incompetent fu*kers in Rosso Ducati.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

What do u mean they would not release the bike without doing the "dangerous brakes"!!!! I swear I would have lost the plot and slapped someone on principal alone! Its your bike you can take it back whenever the **** you like....thanx for the heads up.

Only thing about robbie in motor tech last time I was up there his software was oit of date for doing the latest bikes. 2014 tiger sport, he did say he was gonna get it updated so call first and make sure. But very nice guy and great mechanic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

Just want to give you an idea of what to expect if you use Rosso Ducati in Dublin.

My mechanic told me when servicing the bike last December that there was a warranty recall on my Multistrada (dodgey Ohlins fork leg foot that needs to be replaced). Needed to go to a main dealer for this so considered going up north to Millsport, but decided to save money and travel and use Rosso Ducati, after all how bad could they be right?

After several calls trying to convince the "service manager" that my bike was due this work (finally had to send them pictures!) they ordered the parts and booked it in.

Got the bike up to them on the day, was called later that day to say that the parts they told me that had arrived for my bike were actually not for my bike - so I had to wait another few days while they actually ordered and waited on the parts.

Then got a call once the work was supposed to be done saying that (1) they has discovered a "loose clip" on a water hose and to replace it they had to change the coolant (€150). (2) They also claimed to have found the brakes to be "dangerous" and wanted me to pay €250 for ducati front pads + €150 fitting and would not release the bike without doing this. After haggling they agreed to fit EBC pads (still €80 + 150 fitting!). When I got to them to collect the bike the original "dangerous" pads had disappeared and they couldn't show them to me! They also spent time trying to convince me that the warranty recall item they had just done was actually my fault as they said the allen keys had been overtightened (these are allen keys that had probably not been touched since leaving the factory!).

After being properly chinned AND insulted I was glad to just get the bike out of there, but this is just where my problems were just starting. New brakes were squeeking badly within a few days. Had to take them out and refit them. They hadn't even bothered to put copper grease on them.. Bike was also running a bit lumpy, it had been recently serviced and running perfectly before I sent it in. Was going to leave it till my next service with my mechanic, but now it has started cutting out at traffic lights, so it's going into my mechanic Monday to get whatever Rosso Ducati have done to it repaired.

In short, I should have saved myself lots of hassle and a few hundred quid by traveling up to Millsport. Only advice I can give Ducati owners is use Robbie in Mototechnic (great guy) or use a trusted non Ducati bike mechanic, but whatever you do stay away from the thieving incompetent fu*kers in Rosso Ducati.....

How's things Robbie?
    All joking aside Im not a Ducati owner but know someone who is and he's had problem with Rosso on a couple of occasions. Can never understand why shabby customer service seems to be so widespread in main dealers here. It's like they don't want your business??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2 AndrewDGC

I had my Multistrada serviced since new by the original Ducati Dublin folk. Always from day one, I was unhappy with how smooth it wasn't under throttle - I know how smooth a Ducati should be, having owned and put over 50,000km on a '79 900SS with Venolia high compression pistons fitted - that was always properly tuned.
    Later I had the lads in Kimage service my Multi. No Complaints, but no improvement either. Then, after taking it to Ducati Rosso because they were closer, suddenly there was the smoothness I always expected. Beautiful! Perhaps because only someone used to the care needed to make a 45 degree V-twin as smooth as possible, would know how smooth a 90 degree V-twin can be.
    Maybe not cheap, but meticulous, and good at what they do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭batman_oh

I wouldn't even go into that horrible obnoxious kip never mind give them something to service for the fun of being robbed blind.
    But that's just me

They must have used that magic ducati smooth oil they have that no one else can get

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭blade1

They must have used that magic ducati smooth oil they have that no one else can get

That's what they use on your ass,so you won't feel as bad coming out of there after being rode!!:pac:

• Advertisement

AndrewDGC wrote: »
    I had my Multistrada serviced since new by the original Ducati Dublin folk. Always from day one, I was unhappy with how smooth it wasn't under throttle - I know how smooth a Ducati should be, having owned and put over 50,000km on a '79 900SS with Venolia high compression pistons fitted - that was always properly tuned.
    Later I had the lads in Kimage service my Multi. No Complaints, but no improvement either. Then, after taking it to Ducati Rosso because they were closer, suddenly there was the smoothness I always expected. Beautiful! Perhaps because only someone used to the care needed to make a 45 degree V-twin as smooth as possible, would know how smooth a 90 degree V-twin can be.
    Maybe not cheap, but meticulous, and good at what they do.

Wow, almost reads like an ad for Ducati Rosso :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Riva10

Cienciano wrote: »
    Wow, almost reads like an ad for Ducati Rosso :pac:

And only his second post. :eek: :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

Have been going to Robbie in mototechnic since about two years into Ducati ownership. Cannot recommend him highly enough.
    He is Ducati trained and, in my opinon, vastly preferable to the current official Ducati option.

Save yourself time and heartache, just bring your Ducati to Robbie.

Delightful bedside manner, too. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 120 ✭✭Colm17RvB

Lorddrakul wrote: »
    Have been going to Robbie in mototechnic since about two years into Ducati ownership. Cannot recommend him highly enough.
    He is Ducati trained and, in my opinon, vastly preferable to the current official Ducati option.

Save yourself time and heartache, just bring your Ducati to Robbie.

Delightful bedside manner, too. ;)
    Robbie is sound to deal with and knows his stuff, but with a new Ducati your best off getting it done "officially" for the first while. Like Lorddrakul said around 2 years in switching to Mototechnic seems to be very common. Each to their own though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭Wossack

'Rosso Ducati Ireland, opinions?'

Low.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Lower then a snakes belly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭rustynutz

Another vote for Robbie at Mototechnic, he spent days trying to diagnose an electrical problem on a bike, this is after I had spent days trying to diagnose it too. He eventually sourced it, and the bill at the end was a fraction of what Ducati Rosso would have charged

• Registered Users Posts: 4 dstaffx

Are there any other options for Ducati works other than Rosso and Mototechnic
    I bought a 2011 Multistrada 2nd hand. It was a UK bike. I need the PIN code reset. The "Internet tells me" that it's just a matter of plugging in a laptop and resetting it, but when I rang Rosso they didn't really know what I was talking about (I was very surprised) but he also couldn't understand why he couldn't find my reg on his system, don't think he was too happy he didn't sell the bike.
    Then a mate recommended Mototechnic who sound great from all reports but unfortunately after I rang him he doesn't have that software. (actually sounded upset he couldn't help me)
    Only other option I can see is the crowd up in Ballymoney in the North. Is there anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭jay48

Gary in mototuning (Rathcoole) or Steve in Ndm (Balbriggan) should be able to sort you , AFAIK both have the software to flash ducatis .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 dstaffx

Thanks Jay48, I'll try them tomorrow

Advertisement