Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to look down scope center?

Options
  • 01-06-2014 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭

lads i have done some research on scopes to try understand their workings,anyhow i have read that to eliminate parallax at all distances,one has to look down the center of a scope with each shot,and if one pulls back a bit from the eyepiece until a black ring appears round the edge (halo effect)then parallax is eliminated,that seems to work,but since i wear glasses,i cannot do the halo thing,because when i pull back from the eyepiece,i get a sort of fish eye effect,so i can't judge if the halo is evan all round,so is there any other way i could be sure i'm looking down the scope center,thanks all;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭DMW22

Does your scope have a ring to adjust the parallax?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sniperman

DMW22 wrote: »
    Does your scope have a ring to adjust the parallax?
    yes the scope ill be useing has side focus

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

I use an adjustable comb (cheek piece) on mine so my head is in the same position for every shot.
    I use one of these they are extremely easy to install. Although i was worried about messing it up.
    http://www.karstenskydexcheekrest.com/

They are very comfy and look pretty sweet too. :cool::pac:
    1979268_10202316385963697_1867021166_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

watch this he explains it pretty well :)

have a look through their other videos they explain a lot about the basics of shooting

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭DMW22

I'm slightly confused if you are trying to sort out eye relief problems or parallax problems.

Since the lads above have posted about setting up the scope I'll post about parallax.

Here is a video that explains it pretty well. I always test for parallax by moving my head around and if the crosshairs move then I adjust either the side adjustment or the adjustable objective until I get them steady on the target.

• Advertisement
Advertisement