Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clash of clans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

In our clan the main problem with new arrivals (who aren't just there to request expensive troops) is not listening to war instructions. It's infuriating, lads who are ranked 3 or 4 just attack whoever they feel like and then wonder why people are annoyed.

Well I'm guessing being number 14 in the upcoming war, I'm to attack my equivalent on the enemy and try and get 6 stars out of the 2 attacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,881 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

JamboMac wrote: »
    Well I'm guessing being number 14 in the upcoming war, I'm to attack my equivalent on the enemy and try and get 6 stars out of the 2 attacks.

Maybe the clans you joined were full of pricks. That's always pretty likely as well.

Maybe the clans you joined were full of pricks. That's always pretty likely as well.

I'm guessing so only joined one gave 2 pig warrior to the leader, next second you've been kicked.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I'm guessing so only joined one gave 2 pig warrior to the leader, next second you've been kicked.

No, in our clan, and most clans probably, a mail will be sent out by the leader or one of the co's saying what strat is to be used, always go into the chat before you attack too, just to see if anythings changed. Guessing in this war you'll be asked to hit 15 first as our 15 is very low and won't get anything

As for giving low troops and being booted, that's a bit harsh, if someone asks for specific troops (i.e Max Giants), and you give archers then that's askign for trouble, if they say any then that's fair game, give any (apart from maybe wallbreakers)

yeah, there's a few of them around alright, was in one about 6 months ago, lasted a week, they wouldn't let me war, even though everything was maxxed (TH9) troop wise apart from balloons they wouldn't let me in until i'd maxxed it

• Advertisement

scudzilla wrote: »
    yeah, there's a few of them around alright, was in one about 6 months ago, lasted a week, they wouldn't let me war, even though everything was maxxed (TH9) troop wise apart from balloons they wouldn't let me in until i'd maxxed it

Those kind of people are the worst, by far. They usually also have stupid related rules about how many trophies you need to have. They don't seem to have registered that the wars are arranged on parity, so if you have everyone maxed at 9, they just put you against a similarly matched opposing clan anyway. Unless someone has upgraded their TH way too early, that approach is idiotic. It's a good sign the clan is a bunch of cretins anyway, so at least they let you know.

Those kind of people are the worst, by far. They usually also have stupid related rules about how many trophies you need to have. They don't seem to have registered that the wars are arranged on parity, so if you have everyone maxed at 9, they just put you against a similarly matched opposing clan anyway. Unless someone has upgraded their TH way too early, that approach is idiotic. It's a good sign the clan is a bunch of cretins anyway, so at least they let you know.

what clan you in now?

what clan you in now?

It's called something like The Banshee's. Nice clan, just the right balance between being easy going and taking wars seriously enough that there's a strategy. It's run by a guy who seems a decent chap. I was in some shocking clans before a mate of mine asked me to come join it.

It's called something like The Banshee's. Nice clan, just the right balance between being easy going and taking wars seriously enough that there's a strategy. It's run by a guy who seems a decent chap. I was in some shocking clans before a mate of mine asked me to come join it.

If ever you fancy a change pop into Red Branch, we war constantly but are not nuts about it like some clans, no idiots in there (we got rid of that one!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭budhabob

I have to say we're struggling for active members these days, have about 15 active accounts, but with hero upgrades, weddings etc it can be really hard to get enough for a 10 v 10 war.

Caln is a level 7 (1 war away from lvl 8), and reasonably active. 6th leigon is the name.

• Advertisement

We (Red Branch), L10 clan are actively recruiting now, Clan ID #8R8LVPPV

As our number have been cut due to members settling in our alt clan (:rolleyes::rolleyes:) we now join up with another Irish Clan, Continuity AO64, once a week for a joint war, one week we go to them, the week after they come to us, it's workign out really well for both of us

Shame there seems a lot of clans that are struggling for members, if any of you fancy a full on merge pop over and talk

We (Red Branch), L10 clan are actively recruiting now, Clan ID #8R8LVPPV

As our number have been cut due to members settling in our alt clan (:rolleyes::rolleyes:) we now join up with another Irish Clan, Continuity AO64, once a week for a joint war, one week we go to them, the week after they come to us, it's workign out really well for both of us

Shame there seems a lot of clans that are struggling for members, if any of you fancy a full on merge pop over and talk

That's probably cos you can do what you are asked and then told you don't listen and even when the clan doesn't benefit you, but is ran like pyramid scheme.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭247music

scudzilla wrote:
    As our number have been cut due to members settling in our alt clan ( ) we now join up with another Irish Clan, Continuity AO64, once a week for a joint war, one week we go to them, the week after they come to us, it's workign out really well for both of us

Red Branch was and could have been a greater clan.. unfortunately peoples opinions of themselves kinda ruined that..

That's probably cos you can do what you are asked and then told you don't listen and even when the clan doesn't benefit you, but is ran like pyramid scheme.
    247music wrote: »
    Red Branch was and could have been a greater clan.. unfortunately peoples opinions of themselves kinda ruined that..

Care to elaborate??

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭The Little Fella

We're a small clan, about 25 members, level 5. If you're not too rushed, feel free to join 'a model treaty'

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

How do clans work, I've never joined one. Do you have to be available at certain times for wars? Also what's the relevance of the level, can I only join if my town centre is a certain level?

Not saying I'll join, I'm just curious

clan wars last roughly a day and you'll be notified the day before, the level would be level of clans that you'd face like with the attacks on bases are clans around you.

We made a few changes and increased membership to mid 20's. Now the challenge to get everyone on the same page for wars.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,423 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Hey guys

I'm currently in the process of maxing out a TH8 village

I'm a co-leader in a clan but feel like I'm doing all the work. (I basically filled the entire war CC for the whole clan in the last 40*40 war, cost me a fortune)

Does anyone have a relatively competitive clan that does regular war and are friendly, active and reasonably organised?

Akrasia wrote: »
    Hey guys

I'm currently in the process of maxing out a TH8 village

I'm a co-leader in a clan but feel like I'm doing all the work. (I basically filled the entire war CC for the whole clan in the last 40*40 war, cost me a fortune)

Does anyone have a relatively competitive clan that does regular war and are friendly, active and reasonably organised?

Yeah, we (Red Branch) are a relatively competitive L10 clan, we war 3 times a week

We have teamed up with another Irish Clan, Continuity A064 for a weekly war, 1 week they come to us, the next week we go to them, always go on a tuesday night

We're pretty organised and would welcome you over, also that goes for most on here, our clan ID is #8R8LVPPV

When/If you come, just say that you're from boards.ie

• Advertisement

Yeah, we (Red Branch) are a relatively competitive L10 clan, we war 3 times a week

We have teamed up with another Irish Clan, Continuity A064 for a weekly war, 1 week they come to us, the next week we go to them, always go on a tuesday night

We're pretty organised and would welcome you over, also that goes for most on here, our clan ID is #8R8LVPPV

When/If you come, just say that you're from boards.ie
    Cool, I'll pop over for a look. Thanks

Akrasia wrote: »
    Cool, I'll pop over for a look. Thanks

6th Leigon is another one, we've about 25 players, war twice a week, good banter. Feel free to pop over.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭The Little Fella

Try 'a model treaty' too. We're an older group, nearly all in our 20s. 27 members at the moment, looking for some fresh blood for once a week wars.

COC is down for a 'maintenance brake' for a few hours

Looks like the big update is being deployed today

Akrasia wrote:
    Looks like the big update is being deployed today

I presume it's to do with the boats, which is great but the fact that your village is beside water but you can't build boats has bothered me from the beginning.

It's a second village with different buildings and special abilities for your troops.

There is a new battle mode, where you go head to head against another village, if you win the battle, you get the loot and trophies, if you lose, you get nothing and lose some trophies.

There are some interesting ideas and it could be a very competitive leaderboard because you can't choose which village you attack.

Akrasia wrote:
    There is a new battle mode, where you go head to head against another village, if you win the battle, you get the loot and trophies, if you lose, you get nothing and lose some trophies.

Well, it's not really about winning or losing you both get a chance to attack each other and whoever does the most damage to the opponent wins, it's weird I've only attacked people so far I'm waiting for my notifications to say it's my turn to attack someone who attacked me.

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Well, it's not really about winning or losing you both get a chance to attack each other and whoever does the most damage to the opponent wins, it's weird I've only attacked people so far I'm waiting for my notifications to say it's my turn to attack someone who attacked me.

The attacks should happen at the same time. You get the result almost straight away.

I don't like that they've limited the loot for head to heads, it's the best way of getting resources

• Advertisement

Bumping this again

We're an Irish based L11 War clan looking for new members, any TH level but prefer it if you're not rushed, if you are still pop along and we'll see what we can do

We help out all members but finding it increasingly difficult recruiting, so many clan hoppers out there

Clan ID is #8R8LVPPV, mention that you seen this on boards when sending request

Advertisement