Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to calm nerves at this stage

• 01-06-2014 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

anyone have advice ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

Screwing your courage to the sticking place is a good way to relieve stress, if you know what I mean.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Establish a routine if you haven't already done so - pick a time to go to bed and a time to get up, have a decent breakfast, get out in the fresh air and have a bit of down time every day.
    If you're finding it hard to sleep (for example, some people find they keep waking in a panic because they fear the alarm won't go off!), enlist a reliable family member to give you a shout at x time (as well as setting your alarm).

In terms of surviving the exams, try not to compare experiences with other students too much! Every student is different, and once the papers are over, they're over, so don't go straight from the exam to the post-mortem :)

The best piece of advice I was given for the Leaving Cert was a big 'ole cliche: you can only do your best. So forget the CAO, forget 'I want/need an A / a B / a C / a pass in this paper' and just go in with a positive, 'I've done all I can do' attitude, and do your best. It's amazing how calming that can be.

Advertisement