Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightlife for the 'slightly' older crowd

Options
  • 01-06-2014 7:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Any suggestions for good nightlife for a slightly older crowd, 33-40ish?? I love a good dance but have to admit I wouldn't feel comfortable,amongst 20 year olds in a nightclub anymore!!!! Going to galway for the weekend and looking for somewhere lively for the Sunday night.

Thanks
    JB x

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

Your best bet is a late bar with some live music.

Spanish Arch Hotel and King's head usually have good bands of a Friday and Saturday night, with King's Head being less uncomfortably packed out in my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,389 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Older crowd often tend to go to Massimos for a (teeny) boogie. There was also a night held the odd time (for the fogies:p) at DeBurgos - can't remember the name of it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

The Quays Bar is usually crammed with 30-50s, not strictly a dance place though, more a late bar. There is an upstairs where people do dance to live music.
    https://www.facebook.com/quaysgalway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭jkforde

maybe Last Friday Club in Monroe's... www.lfcgalway.com

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

The Quays can be a bit of a cattle-mart though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

I'd say Blue Note/Massimos/Quays/Spanish Arch and maybe Upstairs in Monroe's.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Just do what everyone else does, start at the top of Shop Street and walk down. Before you hit the end you will have found a place you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

The Dail Bar?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Upstairs in the Quays - in there few weeks ago and was all 30-50's
    Is usually a 10er in which acts as a repellent to the younger crowd

• Registered Users Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

wprathead wrote: »
    Is usually a 10er in which acts as a repellent to the younger crowd

That should act as a repellent to any sane person.

• Advertisement
Advertisement