Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy Y

Options
  • 01-06-2014 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I bought a phone today from argos, I opened it and it does support the language I want so I went back to return it. Unfortunately the staff was gone cause they were about to close but they told me to go to another argos which is still open. I went there and one of the staff said that yout item is exempt from the 28 return guarantee and you have to go to the original shop where you purchased it.
    So is it possible to get a refund? I mean I bought it today and haven't used it but I opened the box.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,059 ✭✭✭✭L1011

You're returning it as a change of mind, meaning that its entirely down to the retailers decision if they want to refund you. If they say no, your best option is to try sell it second hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,521 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

did you try google as maybe you can download the language you require. Also did you ask that question/see it in brochure prior to purchase because you are entitled to return it if it was sold to you in error

• Registered Users Posts: 3 La Decime

MYOB wrote: »
    You're returning it as a change of mind, meaning that its entirely down to the retailers decision if they want to refund you. If they say no, your best option is to try sell it second hand.

I guess I'll keep it if they didn't return it but the problem is that I didn't not change my mind, it only doesn't support arabic.
    Thanks anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 3 La Decime

TheDriver wrote: »
    did you try google as maybe you can download the language you require. Also did you ask that question/see it in brochure prior to purchase because you are entitled to return it if it was sold to you in error

I searched in Google and I found out that you have to root it to get the language installed but I'll keep trying today.
    No, unfortunately I didn't think about this till I opened it and checked the languages :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 69,059 ✭✭✭✭L1011

La Decime wrote: »
    I guess I'll keep it if they didn't return it but the problem is that I didn't not change my mind, it only doesn't support arabic.
    Thanks anyways

Its not safe to assume that a phone sold in Ireland supports any language other than English; so it is a change of mind - you bought it and now don't want it.

You should be able to root it fairly easily but you definitely won't be able to return it then.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

You should have investigated whether it had the language you wanted before your purchased it. It's completely up to Argos.

Advertisement