Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The unexpected goldfish

Options
  • 01-06-2014 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭

I have been out of keeping fish for a good few number of years, mainly fresh water tropicals.

My daughter came home with a goldfish she won. So that's given me an excuse to get started again.

I have a tank (Fluval Spec) that's been set up (which I know is only interim for one fish). I prepped the water with tetra aquasafe and have used denitrol to kick start the cycle.

The fish is currently in a large glass bowl as very temporary measure.

I wonder if anyone could advise me on timelines as to when it will be ok to move the goldfish from it's temporary home to the new tank?

... cos it ain't looking too impressed :-)

I know the fluval is only short term which also gives me an excuse to look to move back into tropicals as a 19l tank just isn't suitable in the medium term :-)

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

If it's a common goldfish (single tailed) it needs to be in a pond.

If it's a fancy goldfish (rounder body, double tailed) it needs a 100l tank minimum.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭DecTenToo

Thanks.

The 19L is very much an interim/short term measure and I know that a pond would be a much better suggestion.

Advertisement