Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Macbook Pro not displaying web pages correctly

• 01-06-2014 8:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭

Hi all

I have a Macbook pro runnin the latest version of OS X. I use Firefox and Safari.

Recently it has started to not display some web pages coreectly such as asos.com and I get an error page saying the server cannot be found. I get this issue on both Safari and Firefox. All my software is currently up to date.

Any ideas on what the problem could be?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Hi all

I have a Macbook pro runnin the latest version of OS X. I use Firefox and Safari.

Recently it has started to not display some web pages coreectly such as asos.com and I get an error page saying the server cannot be found. I get this issue on both Safari and Firefox. All my software is currently up to date.

Any ideas on what the problem could be?

There is a Mac forum here: Mac forum.
    You could ask one of the mods to move it over for you.
    Actually, is this very recent? I've been having that problem on Saturday, ok yesterday, and started again this morning. If you leave it a while it loads ok again?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Are you sure it’s a problem with your Mac? Sounds like the site was just down. What other sites are you having this issue with?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Are you sure it’s a problem with your Mac? Sounds like the site was just down. What other sites are you having this issue with?

Every second or third site I visit. Then I close and reopen firefox and it might or might not load the page

whiterebel wrote: »
    There is a Mac forum here: Mac forum.
    You could ask one of the mods to move it over for you.
    Actually, is this very recent? I've been having that problem on Saturday, ok yesterday, and started again this morning. If you leave it a while it loads ok again?

It doesnt load some sites. Then I close and reopen firefox and it might or might not load the page.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Try a different browser, and also restart your router.

• Advertisement

Zcott wrote: »
    Try a different browser, and also restart your router.

I did, Safari as mentioned in OP and I tried Chrome as well. Restarting my router didnt work either. :( Thanks for the suggestions

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Any adblockers or anti-virus software installed? Could also be a DNS problem. Are you using your ISP's DNS? Have you any other computers/devices on the network?

Any adblockers or anti-virus software installed? Could also be a DNS problem. Are you using your ISP's DNS? Have you any other computers/devices on the network?

I have avast installed. I have adblock plus on Firefox and Chrome, but nothing on Safari

Not sure about DNS. I recently got eFibre.

I have a games console, phone and PC connected by homeplug adapter.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Common denominator here seems to be eFibre...Eircom Forum

Advertisement