Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Athenry to NUIG bus

Options
  • 01-06-2014 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Just moved to athenry and will be going to college on September. Can anyone tell me what bus goes from athenry and drops you as close to NUIG as possible?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭bodyguard1

Hi there, Buslink go from the Arch Carpark and Joyces Carpark to Galway dropping off at the Cathedral in Galway City which is just around the corner from NUIG. You can get more info and timetable on buslink.ie. Good luck with college.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Rocking_roxy

Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭westmidlands

Another option to keep in mind is the train. I use that to get in to NUIG every day but I get on further out the line than Athenry. We do seem to pick up a good few students there in the morning though. Very good service from Athenry to Galway now and it can do the journey in well under 15 minutes (depending on whether it stops in Oranmore or not). 15 minute walk from Ceannt station up to NUIG then but it's grand, though the bus bodygaurd1 mentioned would bring you much nearer NUIG. It's another option to keep in mind anyway, I guess it comes down to price and convenience but train is great for getting a bit of work done aswell, table, wifi, power sockets etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Rocking_roxy

Thanks for the tip :)

Advertisement