Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baby friendly holiday breaks, Ireland?

Options
  • 01-06-2014 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend somewhere in Ireland to bring a 9 month old (boy) for a short getaway?

I was thinking along the lines of Fota Wildlife Park (for the monkeys!) but was looking for some other ideas. Google just wants to send me to family friendly hotels, not really clued up on activities you can include the babies in!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

We went to Youghal last year: rented a house from West Coast Holidays and we went to Fota, Leahys Open Farm, Cobh the beach: it was fantastic. Our little girl was 10 months at the time. Theres a big soft play area there too, and all the restaurants were quite baby friendly too.

Otherwise Kerry? Killarney maybe: again there's a soft play area, pet farms, day trip to Dingle: Fungii or the Aquarium?

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

Can anyone recommend somewhere in Ireland to bring a 9 month old (boy) for a short getaway?

I was thinking along the lines of Fota Wildlife Park (for the monkeys!) but was looking for some other ideas. Google just wants to send me to family friendly hotels, not really clued up on activities you can include the babies in!

I just booked a three day midweek break to fota resort, my little boy will be 7 months when we go in august, really looking forward to it. It was the only place we could think of too that would mildly interest him at his age, he will notice the animals (I hope) they also have a couple of pools and I think a play area too, although we won't get use of that, the pool will get used too.
    Oh and lots of fab treatments for mum too in the spa, and dad and son can have some bonding time while I treat myself ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Last summer when my guy was a year old we rented a house (with my sisters) in Achill Island off the coast of Mayo (there is a road joining it) and it was great.

I'd say nearly all house rentals in Achill have cot & highchair available. We paid 600 for a 9 bed house for the week.

There are several lovely clean beaches there, lots of places for walks. We did the 45 min drive to the Adventure Centre in Westport. That was great for older kids but little fella was able to look at lots going on and there was a soft play centre in it - this is where the love for soft play centres all started.

Lots of places to eat and drink and they all seemed very baby/child friendly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

You hubby when growing up was brought to Kellys hotel wexford and it's all for families.. There's a pool there and you don't need travel far to do activities..if you google you'll find places to go down there

Advertisement