Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Air show in convoy

Options
  • 01-06-2014 11:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

Does anyone know anything about the airshow outside convoy thats happening in the middle of june ?? It was supposed to be a great show last year with aerobatic displays and helicopters im off work then so was going to go and check it out ....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Not sure in the exact dat, it's only really a microlight / small aircraft show. Not really an air show, more of an enthusiast meet.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,384 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

• Registered Users Posts: 33,625 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

There's a real Air Show in Derry this summer, always worth checking out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

NIMAN wrote: »
    There's a real Air Show in Derry this summer, always worth checking out.

Eh? When??

I know the old Eglington air show is on in Portrush now (which is always excellent) buty didn't know one was making a return to Derry.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭guttenberg

Eh? When??

I know the old Eglington air show is on in Portrush now (which is always excellent) buty didn't know one was making a return to Derry.

http://www.derryjournal.com/news/your-community/red-arrows-to-come-to-derry-1-6029727

The Red Arrows are doing some display for the Clipper Race at the end of the month.

• Advertisement

Red Arrows are impressive to see, but it will probably be ruined by a bomb alert from the CIRA that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,101 ✭✭✭✭muffler

NIMAN wrote: »
    Red Arrows are impressive to see, but it will probably be ruined by a bomb alert from the CIRA that day.
    Unless you know something we don't I really don't see the need for such speculation.

Lets talk planes though :)

muffler wrote: »
    Unless you know something we don't I really don't see the need for such speculation.

Lets talk planes though :)

Well I was at the the last Air Show at the City of Derry airport (can't remember year) which was disrupted due to a reenactment of the Raid on Entebbe, and it hasn't happened again due to this.

Maybe a bit pessimist. Thankfully I would say the chances of any disruption is slim. Hopefully.

as far as I can see, there is no air show in Derry.

The Red Arrows will be doing a routine somewhere between Greencastle and Magillian to bring the Clipper Festival to a close, but there will be nothing at the airport itself.

Advertisement