Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Santa Ponsa / Magaluf Prices?

Options
  • 02-06-2014 3:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hey guys,

I'm heading off in July for a lads holiday so Santa Ponsa for a week and one or two nights head up to Magaluf?

I'm just so stuck on how much is a reasonable amount of money to bring?

I just plan on eating regular meals most of them i'll cook myself and drinking a lot ;)

I was thinking 500 is enough but after looking online I'm not sure?

Thanks very much :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

james106 wrote: »
    Hey guys,

I'm heading off in July for a lads holiday so Santa Ponsa for a week and one or two nights head up to Magaluf?

I'm just so stuck on how much is a reasonable amount of money to bring?

I just plan on eating regular meals most of them i'll cook myself and drinking a lot ;)

I was thinking 500 is enough but after looking online I'm not sure?

Thanks very much :)

Chances are you won't cook the meals yourself. You gonna do a grocery shop and cook for all the lads ?

Lads will wanna go out for dinners, and fry ups every morning probably to cure the inevitable hangover.
    So you'd be looking at maybe 20e a day just on food.
    Then depending what you drink.....ye can try get plastered before going out....but lads holidays are always late ones....and Spain and holidays destinations aren't as cheap as they once were.

You can easily spend 100+ in 1 night, this is typical in Dublin, and even moreso on a lads holiday when you're all ordering shots are ridiculous hours in the morning.

Then add in extra things, like taxis to airports, possible doctor visits and medication (every holiday I've been on...at least 1 or 2 lads had to get some prescription for something)......then stuff like Banana boats, para gliding or any other extra curricular activities.

Me personally, for the week +2 days, would be bringing nearer to 1,000 .
    Better to have it with you and not need it.
    Maybe bring a certain amount of cash, but have the rest in the bank in case it's needed.

You will also....depending on the dates...be over there for the World Cup...so the place will be jammers busy and probably slightly more expensive and you WILL be up to all hours of the morning.

Try budget if you can and must, if you take 500 with you...then split it per day and try stick to it....or will inevitably spend 3 days worth in 1 day...I guarantee it.

Enjoy ! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15 james106

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Chances are you won't cook the meals yourself. You gonna do a grocery shop and cook for all the lads ?

Lads will wanna go out for dinners, and fry ups every morning probably to cure the inevitable hangover.
    So you'd be looking at maybe 20e a day just on food.
    Then depending what you drink.....ye can try get plastered before going out....but lads holidays are always late ones....and Spain and holidays destinations aren't as cheap as they once were.

You can easily spend 100+ in 1 night, this is typical in Dublin, and even moreso on a lads holiday when you're all ordering shots are ridiculous hours in the morning.

Then add in extra things, like taxis to airports, possible doctor visits and medication (every holiday I've been on...at least 1 or 2 lads had to get some prescription for something)......then stuff like Banana boats, para gliding or any other extra curricular activities.

Me personally, for the week +2 days, would be bringing nearer to 1,000 .
    Better to have it with you and not need it.
    Maybe bring a certain amount of cash, but have the rest in the bank in case it's needed.

You will also....depending on the dates...be over there for the World Cup...so the place will be jammers busy and probably slightly more expensive and you WILL be up to all hours of the morning.

Try budget if you can and must, if you take 500 with you...then split it per day and try stick to it....or will inevitably spend 3 days worth in 1 day...I guarantee it.

Enjoy ! :D

Thanks very much :D I'll try save that much haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Radox

First post yay

9 days = 900 euro I reckon.

You've been given good advice already and I'm just repeating it.

Let's say you decide on not cooking for you and/or the lads during the holiday - which is very very likely.

If you're prudent, food should be €20 (max €30) a day if you're eating out for 2 meals a day - leaving you with €80 (€70) for drink (day&night), TAXIS, bungee jumps, banana boats, water parks, moped rentals, booze cruises, foam parties, fridge magnets etc.

If you manage to save €900 for it, bring €400 in cash and leave €500 in the bank to be accessed by card. Go easy on the €400 in the first 6 days if you can (€67 a day) and hopefully you won't have to dig into the remaining €500 too much.

Sign up to online banking before you go and add a mate's account as a beneficiary - that way if you lose your card you can transfer money to his account and use his card to access cash. Do this now because it might take a week to activate the beneficiary through a postal activation code. Ring the banks phone banking service if you're unsure how to do it and they'll talk you through the process.

€500 for the 9 days is certainly doable at €56 per day but you'll have to hit the supermarkets for food and drink, and probably skip a lot of day time excursions - and have only a couple of 'proper' nights out.

Daytime drinking in a pub or beach bar will destroy a €500 budget - so remember supermarkets do good deals on beer @ 7 cans for €5 ish and sell cheap wines and spirits.
    Don't get sucked into rounds with your mates if you're on a budget either. You'll end up drinking and spending money at the fastest man's pace.

In other words - bring a shít load of cash and live like a king.
    Enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,931 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Think people are getting mixed up with the time the OP is going away for.

Think it's only for 7 days, staying in Santa Ponsa, and heading into Magaluf for 1 or 2 days during that time

• Registered Users Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

I'm heading in july for a week aswell. 6-700 max. Cheap drink cheap food. You'll be fine. As for 1000 get real. Most I know went last year with 600 and came back with 1 or 2 hundred

• Advertisement

I'm heading in july for a week aswell. 6-700 max. Cheap drink cheap food. You'll be fine. As for 1000 get real. Most I know went last year with 600 and came back with 1 or 2 hundred

Cheers for that, sounds more realistic.. Thinking of bringing 500 quid and if I can save up the extra hundred happy days!

Have a good trip :D

james106 wrote: »
    Cheers for that, sounds more realistic.. Thinking of bringing 500 quid and if I can save up the extra hundred happy days!

Have a good trip :D

Yea il have 7 max . Bcm in maga is say 50 quid but that includes your drink so that's a nite sorted. Yeah u too enjoy . When u off ?

Yea il have 7 max . Bcm in maga is say 50 quid but that includes your drink so that's a nite sorted. Yeah u too enjoy . When u off ?

Definitely going to be doing a night in BCM for sure! Some tickets are only 35. I'm off from 28th July - 4th August you?

1st July for the week. Seb ingrosso , showtek and garrix for the week. Sorted

1st July for the week. Seb ingrosso , showtek and garrix for the week. Sorted

Sounds great! Enjoy :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement