Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any suggestions of what to do?

Options
  • 02-06-2014 9:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭

W/in 10 mile radius of D15 :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Patww79 wrote: »

I will say this about the towncentre. It's not a bad shopping centre at all. Like when I compare it to Dundrum I always think (of Dundrum) of having to pay for parking and expensive shops (Harvey Nics etc).

Anyone think of anything else?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Why not go to Bloom in the Park, or a walk and a coffee at Farmleigh House?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

St.Catherines park and playground if you have kids

Also, you could try Rathbeggan lakes, I think there is a small entry fee but nothing bank breaking.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Rathbeggan Lakes is brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Never heard of it, must look it up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Patww79 wrote: »
    If it's 10 minutes from the M50 then I'm driving the wrong car.

Would be in and around 10 minutes, 15 at tops, I live in Clonee(D15), from my house I can do it in under 10 minutes. Hardly any traffic on the road going up to it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

amdublin wrote: »

Probably more accurate to talk about driving time. From certain parts of Dublin 15, you will be at the Hill of Tara as quick as you will be at the Phoenix Park.

Meath has Newgrange, Battle of the Boyne centre etc. which are excellent places to visit.

Nearer D15, Rathbeggan Lakes, St. Catherine's Park, Phoenix Park, walk along the canal all offer excellent free or cheap outdoor entertainment.

Plantagen Garden Centre outside Clonee with Kilsaran Paving across the road offer plenty of ideas for doing things in the garden.

The Millenium Park at the Blanchardstown Centre, the Tolka Valley Park at Waterville, the park just after Clonsilla Train Station and the Ashtown Tolka Valley Park all offer short walks of up to an hour as well as playgrounds for the kids.

It really depends on what you are looking for - golf in Dunboyne, Castleknock, Luttlrellstown or Elm Green, swimming in the NAC, cinema in the centre, plenty of activities that you have to pay for as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,080 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Eh, everything.

O'Connell Bridge is only 6.5 miles from Blanchardstown. You could conceivably find a venue for every child and family related leisure activity of the modern age, except maybe mountain climbing....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

309609.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭fletch

Morag wrote: »
    309609.jpg
    Where's that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

if you cant find something to do in the capital city to amuse yourself then theres something wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭beer enigma

if you cant find something to do in the capital city to amuse yourself then theres something wrong.

D15 isn't exactly capital city...speaking as a resident of D15, to get into town by bus is 45 mins and if you drive then you can't have a pint. LUAS isn't close.

10 miles radius is reachable by bus or taxi, so perfectly valid question in my books...I'm always around for a beer !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Murt10

Andip wrote: »
    D15 isn't exactly capital city...speaking as a resident of D15, to get into town by bus is 45 mins and if you drive then you can't have a pint. LUAS isn't close.

10 miles radius is reachable by bus or taxi, so perfectly valid question in my books...I'm always around for a beer !

20 mins by train

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

Andip wrote: »

train.

Kart city, Finglas.
    Awesome walls, also finglas.
    Pheonix park. Walk.
    Coolmine football pitches.
    LeisurePlex.
    Cinema.

Murt10 wrote: »
    20 mins by train

If you live close enough to the train to use it, the majority of D15 is no were near the line.

• Advertisement

If you live close enough to the train to use it, the majority of D15 is no were near the line.

well, it is within the 10 mile radius, i suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Murt10

Still, there are 4 stops in Dublin 15, so a lot of people do have access to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Murt10 wrote: »
    Still, there are 4 stops in Dublin 15, so a lot of people do have access to it.

I'm Tyrrelstown so train is no use to me, depends where the OP is based

Advertisement