Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A good Dentist in Kusadasi Turkey?

Options
  • 02-06-2014 10:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi. I am heading to Kusadasi turkey for a week next Sunday. My dentist has quoted €5000 for 5 crowns but looking at dentists in Turkey, the price comes in at €1250 but I do not know which one to use. Can anybody recommend a dentist in Kusadasi. There are so many that I do not know who to choose. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭connected1

Sorry to tell you this but a week is much to short a time to get crowns done, first of all the dentist will need to make a mould of your teeth, if X ray shows up any issues you may need root canal treatment to fix that before they can proceed, the crowns will have to be made with your mould, then the filing down, then temporary crowns while your gums settle, then back for the permanent fitting -
    Any good dentist would not attempt to treat you in one week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭skelligs

You're going on a holiday and want to ruin the holiday by getting a week of dental treatment by some dentist you never met? (add the holiday cost to the treatment as you won't be having a "holiday")

Shop around locally and you'll easily get a price at about 3k.

But I would not for the life of me allow some dentist in a dodgy tourist resort to do fairly serous work on my teeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 carol ireland

skelligs wrote: »
    You're going on a holiday and want to ruin the holiday by getting a week of dental treatment by some dentist you never met? (add the holiday cost to the treatment as you won't be having a "holiday")

Shop around locally and you'll easily get a price at about 3k.

But I would not for the life of me allow some dentist in a dodgy tourist resort to do fairly serous work on my teeth.

Thank you for the good advice: I have decided to do it at home.
    All the best
    D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

I'm not going start off something here but my wife had it done over there 6 years ago and her teeth are perfect also a friend of hers had it done in Kusadasi 2 years ago and saved 4.500 euro and is also over the moon with the job done

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭metroburgers

Is it safe?

• Advertisement

Is it safe?

In what way safe

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

• Registered Users Posts: 40 nidge123

A work college travelled to cork to a practice which has turkish dentist in it, they had so many coming from ireland to turkey they decided to open their own practice , she was very pleased and saved a nice some of money... I will try and get their names

Where is Turkey mentioned in that ?? when my wife went to have her work done she was made gown up including covers for her shoes before they would let her into the surgery I have never seen that done over here :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

it was about tourism in general at the time. you can have all the gowns in the world and still get hepatitis if instruments are not cleaned and sterilised adequately.

• Advertisement

All I can say was the place was spotless and looked like it was 100 years ahead of any place I have being in here also they did an x ray of my wife's mouth and found a crack in 2 teeth which was caused by chemo treatment this was never pointed out over here

• Registered Users Posts: 13 carol ireland

nidge123 wrote: »
    A work college travelled to cork to a practice which has turkish dentist in it, they had so many coming from ireland to turkey they decided to open their own practice , she was very pleased and saved a nice some of money... I will try and get their names

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭connected1

Absolutely nothing wrong with having your teeth done abroad - but my point at the start was that a week is far too short a time to have work like crowns done. I doubt any dentist would attempt it and I wouldn't go near any who would.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭Xcellor

Is it safe?

tumblr_m6a2sjaluo1r7k0sgo1_500.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jadeynokia

Hi. I seen your comment on a post saying that your wife got crowns done in Kuisadasi that turned out perfect. Would you mind sending me the details on the dentist where she got them done? Sorry I hope you don't mind me asking it's just I'm planning on getting mine done and I have been onto a certain dentist over there that casually just told me they need to pull one of my front teeth and have all my crowns done within 4 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jadeynokia

Did you get them done in the end? Any good reccomendations? I want to get mine done badly but I don't have any real reccomendations

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Melendez wrote: »
    Why wouldn't you prefer to have them done well?

(boom boom)

It's potentially cheaper:)

• Registered Users Posts: 69,006 ✭✭✭✭L1011

We can't give medical recommendations on here and this thread is very, very old.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement