Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bothar na dTreabh: Where is it?

Options
  • 02-06-2014 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,232 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where Bothar na dTreabh is? I hear it mentioned on the radio and I look at a map and I see Bothar na Mine! Where exactly are these roads and what do both mean in the Queens' English? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭RichT

It be here......

data=VLHX1wd2Cgu8wR6jwyh-km8JBWAkEzU4,em1Cm__WQSKG74a_afhndUyyXePn-t1p9ip9E-mSzAkSDzoGtlE0tOfW2DdRQKlPSz7E1ePVmDwt_4Jg4aNp_Zc0W_gr1ovQEVlUmO0LYa0L7tYlpH6NxSB4P14rmA1k-Nmh9f7iKaG2d5lbcvWBDuTcCV3qcaAMi2ZBL0Feq1HILIi8gLSzaym0RMw6okRooYoIIiZ-1nRNBupN9NrusZwr

• Registered Users Posts: 25,959 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

AKA (but not officially) Eastern Distributor Road

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

AKA da Nsix

• Registered Users Posts: 5,232 ✭✭✭bobbyss

RichT wrote: »
    It be here......

data=VLHX1wd2Cgu8wR6jwyh-km8JBWAkEzU4,em1Cm__WQSKG74a_afhndUyyXePn-t1p9ip9E-mSzAkSDzoGtlE0tOfW2DdRQKlPSz7E1ePVmDwt_4Jg4aNp_Zc0W_gr1ovQEVlUmO0LYa0L7tYlpH6NxSB4P14rmA1k-Nmh9f7iKaG2d5lbcvWBDuTcCV3qcaAMi2ZBL0Feq1HILIi8gLSzaym0RMw6okRooYoIIiZ-1nRNBupN9NrusZwr

Is 'it' Bothar na dTreabh or Bothar na Mine?
    Any idea what they translate as?
    Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭RichT

Bothar na dTreabh means Tribes Road as far as I know (I'm not Irish)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

bobbyss wrote: »
    Is 'it' Bothar na dTreabh or Bothar na Mine?
    Any idea what they translate as?
    Thank you.

Bothar na Mine goes roughly north eastwest from the arrow on the map above, up to the Tuam Rd. Ballybrit Ind Est

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

I thought Threadneedle Road was called Bothar na Mine? Could be wrong...

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

More than one I think
    See more here

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

bobbyss wrote: »
    Anyone know where Bothar na dTreabh is? I hear it mentioned on the radio and I look at a map and I see Bothar na Mine! Where exactly are these roads and what do both mean in the Queens' English? Thanks

Officially it's the full length of the 4 lane road between the Headford Rd & Dublin road at Doughiska. GBFM are probably referring to approach to the N6/N17 junction.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Paddyfield

Or as my mother calls it, the big new Dublin Road.

The road where GMIT is located is therefore referred to as the old Dublin Road.

• Advertisement
Advertisement