Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying for a car loan

Options
  • 02-06-2014 1:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭

Hi,

Need some advice in regards to getting myself a car loan.

I am currently working full time and the cat I have is ready for the scrap yard. Really need a new one for work or else I am screwed!!

Problem is when I was in college 5 years ago I took out a student loan with the credit union of 2,500.

Had some difficulty at the end of the loan. There was 450 left owing on for a few months and eventually got paid off in full, late though. At the time the lady in the branch told me I would never be able to get a loan with them again. So that is out the window for me!!

I bank with aib and my wages go into my acc directly, however, I recently applied online for a small loan and was declined.

So I am just wondering really does anyone have any suggestions on how I could get funds/loan for a much needed car for work??!

Thanks for any advice :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,437 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

When you say your applied online for a 'small loan', was that with AIB or someone else?

Your only option is to make an appointment to meet someone in your local bank, meet them face to face and see if they will give you a loan. They may be told to reject you based on your credit history in which case ask if they have any local discretion to lend you a smaller amount. Applying online or to any other institution where they don't know you is a complete waste of time because any black mark on your credit rating means you'll be rejected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭lauraelaine

coylemj wrote: »
    When you say your applied online for a 'small loan', was that with AIB or someone else?

Your only option is to make an appointment to meet someone in your local bank, meet them face to face and see if they will give you a loan. They may be told to reject you based on your credit history in which case ask if they have any local discretion to lend you a smaller amount. Applying online or to any other institution where they don't know you is a complete waste of time because any black mark on your credit rating means you'll be rejected.

Yea I applied online with aib I have been with them for about 8/9 years..

So you think there is a better chance applying again in person as opposed to online ?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,437 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Yea I applied online with aib I have been with them for about 8/9 years..

So you think there is a better chance applying again in person as opposed to online ?

You've nothing to lose. Obviously the credit union loan history is hanging over you so nobody else will entertain you which means you've no choice but to go cap in hand to AIB.

Advertisement