Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[US] 24: Day 9 - Live Another Day, Hour 6 [ 4 p.m. - 5 p.m. ] [** SPOILERS **]

• 02-06-2014 1:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭

Trailer:

Synopsis:
    As the smoke clears after the devastating events of the first five hours, tensions between President Heller and Prime Minister Davies boil over, and one of them decides to take matters into his own hands. In the meantime, Jack proposes a plan to locate Margot by using someone unexpected as his unsuspecting bait. Back at the CIA in London, Jordan raises suspicions about Kate’s husband in the all-new “Day 9: 4:00 PM-5:00 PM” episode of 24: LIVE ANOTHER DAY

Don't watch that trailer if you're a big fan of Kate :P

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

If Kate is revealed to be a mole then I'm going to be pissed!:mad: I'll be pissed if this season has a cheap mole, but seriously, Kate's too cool to be a mole! She's gonna be next female Jack. (Hopefully, that doesn't mean another s8 spoier:
    Renee end to the relationship.
    :( )

Yayyyyyyyyy Kate! :)

Glad that Navarro chap is the dodgy. Still though, it really wasn't necessary.

Really enjoyed that episode. Was terrified they were going to drill holes through kate! Because it wasn't Jack, you just don't know what the outcome of torture will be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭KeithM89

Turtwig wrote: »
    Yayyyyyyyyy Kate! :)

Glad that Navarro chap is the dodgy. Still though, it really wasn't necessary.

Bet the scrambled voice was the head of Open Cell, Adrian.

Great hour, that shootout was the best they've ever done, next weeks preview is just insane.

Have managed to avoid the previews so far, intend on doing so. Much more fun. :P

Have managed to avoid the previews so far, intend on doing so. Much more fun. :P

Yeah dont watch it, I have zero willpower. Looks like some big budget hollywood movie though.

Also, had a genuine lol at Stephen fry calling Heller a poor bastard. :p

• Advertisement

Lolled at Fry too.

I love how unprofessional the MI5 and CIA are being made to look. :pac:

Anybody else think Audrey's Husband is going to be blackmailed by the Russians?

Also the Batman vibe from Jack was quite interesting. So, you're wanted by two of the world's big governments. Yet you still decide to try take down drug lords. Jack deserves peace, but maybe his peace is being Batman and thumping baddies?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Its getting better and better. This may well end up alongside some of the best ever 24 if this kind of quality continues. I wasnt expecting it to be half this good. Absolutely blown away!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Another brilliant episode. I think this is/will be my favourite season ever of 24 if it keeps going like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

I had never seen 24 before this series, it's right up my alley.

This season has been a belter so far!

I had never seen 24 before this series, it's right up my alley.

This season has been a belter so far!

If this is your first exposure to 24, then you will most likely love the show in its original form. Some of the very best action television ever made. Start at the beginning and enjoy :)

• Advertisement

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    If this is your first exposure to 24, then you will most likely love the show in its original form. Some of the very best action television ever made. Start at the beginning and enjoy :)

Yep, just when you come to season 6 watch the first four episodes then skip the rest. Read the summaries. You'll thank us for it! Start season 7.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,607 ✭✭✭pah

Yep, just when you come to season 6 watch the first four episodes then skip the rest. Read the summaries. You'll thank us for it! Start season 7.

ah come on, it's poor enough but it's still watchable imo

Day 6 has some great moments, the oil rig and the morris episode were fantastic.
    A bit dung compared to Day 9 so far, but still good viewing.

pah wrote: »
    ah come on, it's poor enough but it's still watchable imo

Aye yeah I may been a bit OTT. There are some great sequences. Jack under the garbage truck being one of my fav moments. But I hate the way the series
    fixed Jack. He was broken and lost didn't know what he was doing any more. Shoots Curtis. This could get really interesting! Then one hour later he's back to being usual jack. Writers chickened out. :(

Ok, new recommendations. Watch all seasons as far as 6. Then Skip to seven. Then once finished watch the rest of season 6. It's fun in places in a lot of places it's mediocre. And it sort of parodies the 'big bad' in many places. :(

Aye yeah I may been a bit OTT. There are some great sequences. Jack under the garbage truck being one of my fav moments. But I hate the way the series
    fixed Jack. He was broken and lost didn't know what he was doing any more. Shoots Curtis. This could get really interesting! Then one hour later he's back to being usual jack. Writers chickened out. :(

Ok, new recommendations. Watch all seasons as far as 6. Then Skip to seven. Then once finished watch the rest of season 6. It's fun in places in a lot of places it's mediocre. And it sort of parodies the 'big bad' in many places. :(

Yeah there was a few weak ideas in season 6 alright, not least
    at the start where Jack hasnt spoken a word in 18 months after being tortured by the Russians, is a complete wreck and then within a couple of hours is leading the rescue effort
    but its still pretty enjoyable stuff. I dont think there was a crap season of 24. In fact, season 1 is probably my least favourite of them all.

Decided to re watch season six. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,647 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Jaysus. Simone sure knows (knew) how to get around London quickly.

I think that scrambled voice at the end is the Presidents general, General Salmon. If you watch that scene with Navarro then skip back to earlier in the episode, it sounds very similar.

Or maybe it's Tony and I'm wayyyy off :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 184 ✭✭Mac B

KeithM89 wrote: »
    I think that scrambled voice at the end is the Presidents general, General Salmon. If you watch that scene with Navarro then skip back to earlier in the episode, it sounds very similar.

Or maybe it's Tony and I'm wayyyy off :P

Oh no, please not Tony!!! I doubt it and hope not.

Great episode, over to soon😢

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

My hope, thanks to a really good voice scrambler, that it is my favourite: Mandy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

How the hell can you all remember which season was which???

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Jaysus. Simone sure knows (knew) how to get around London quickly.
    She's doing alright considering she had a finger chopped off 2 hours ago.

Oh, and she's far too hot to be killed off this early.

Easiest way is going by who's alive and remembering when they die. The major character deaths are quite memorable.

Or else just watch the series several times in binges throughout the years.

Just watched the latest episode, the series is still going very strong IMO.

I'm happy that if there had to be a mole, it was Navarro. It also doesn't seem as clearcut as him being super-evil moleman. Thankfully it is not related to the current main plot and it plants the seeds for Kate's husband's storyline to be explored/resolved. As for who the person on the other end is, I know the voice was male but I don't like the look of PM Stephen Fry's chief assistant (blonde girl).

Anyone else recognise Kate's torturer as the guy who used to beat the living shít out of Little Mo in Eastenders about 12 years ago?? Think his name was Trevor in Eastenders.

And speaking of Kate, please allow me to revert to the state of mind of a 17 year old for a moment - I am now totally hot for Kate. Odd it took her being tortured to near death for me to feel that way, maybe I should speak to someone about that!

Also, for anyone starting 24 from the beginning - Don't skip series 6. Everyone is different, you might love it yourself. For me, I thought it was ropey, but remember thinking at the time "bad 24 is still better than 90% of the other TV shows out there".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,607 ✭✭✭pah

jacks face when Kate injected herself in the neck...

How the hell can you all remember which season was which???

I've seen them all at least 4 times so I know them inside out. Always been a major 24 nut :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,288 ✭✭✭✭rob316

stankratz wrote: »
    Just watched the latest episode, the series is still going very strong IMO.

I'm happy that if there had to be a mole, it was Navarro. It also doesn't seem as clearcut as him being super-evil moleman. Thankfully it is not related to the current main plot and it plants the seeds for Kate's husband's storyline to be explored/resolved. As for who the person on the other end is, I know the voice was male but I don't like the look of PM Stephen Fry's chief assistant (blonde girl).

Anyone else recognise Kate's torturer as the guy who used to beat the living shít out of Little Mo in Eastenders about 12 years ago?? Think his name was Trevor in Eastenders.

And speaking of Kate, please allow me to revert to the state of mind of a 17 year old for a moment - I am now totally hot for Kate. Odd it took her being tortured to near death for me to feel that way, maybe I should speak to someone about that!

Also, for anyone starting 24 from the beginning - Don't skip series 6. Everyone is different, you might love it yourself. For me, I thought it was ropey, but remember thinking at the time "bad 24 is still better than 90% of the other TV shows out there".

Yep spotted him straight away evil looking bastard he is. Poor little mo.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

For once, just once - could the mole have just been Bob from Accounting.
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BobFromAccounting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭lukin

pah wrote: »
    jacks face when Kate injected herself in the neck...

Yeah, that was class and it takes a lot to shock Jack.:)
    I didn't enjoy Kate's torture scene, very harrowing.I think it's pretty unlikely in real life anyone's arms would stand up to that kind of strain, they would almost certainly be damaged permanently afterwards. Though in true 24 fashion she will be up and runnning as right as rain in the next episode I'm sure.
    The part where she magically broke the chains was also rather silly I thought. Very good ep however. The tension while she was being tortured as Jack waited for the baddie to input the password was classic nail-biting 24.
    Predictable that Simone's street chase would end in her getting knocked off. She is either dead or in a coma I assume. Now that Chloe has located the phone it doesn't really matter I suppose? All they have to do is trace the calls from her mother but it won't be as straightforward as that of course.
    Lots of interesting sub-plots developing too, like Mark's problems with the Russians and Navarro being a mole. I'm guessing that the lad in the office who is decrypting the file will suss it out but maybe Navarro will whack him before he can tell anyone?

• Advertisement

lukin wrote: »
    Yeah, that was class and it takes a lot to shock Jack.:)
    I didn't enjoy Kate's torture scene, very harrowing.I think it's pretty unlikely in real life anyone's arms would stand up to that kind of strain, they would almost certainly be damaged permanently afterwards. Though in true 24 fashion she will be up and runnning as right as rain in the next episode I'm sure.
    The part where she magically broke the chains was also rather silly I thought. Very good ep however. The tension while she was being tortured as Jack waited for the baddie to input the password was classic nail-biting 24.
    Predictable that Simone's street chase would end in her getting knocked off. She is either dead or in a coma I assume. Now that Chloe has located the phone it doesn't really matter I suppose? All they have to do is trace the calls from her mother but it won't be as straightforward as that of course.
    Lots of interesting sub-plots developing too, like Mark's problems with the Russians and Navarro being a mole. I'm guessing that the lad in the office who is decrypting the file will suss it out but maybe Navarro will whack him before he can tell anyone?

Kate used the bad guy to propel herself higher and lift the chains off the hook.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭lukin

Kate used the bad guy to propel herself higher and lift the chains off the hook.

Ah I wasn't watching closely enough.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Have to say enjoying this season immensely, the shootout in that last episode was excellent.

A mole was obvious, at this point they probably included it for the sheer nostalgic value. The misses, as per ****ing usual called it spot on, early on saying Kate's husband was setup to cover the mole's work.

She thought at first it was the analyst but then last episode called it being Navaro.

It's **** watching stuff with her, she spoils everything! :D

Finished season 6.

It's a bit of fun in places
    but the philip bauer stuff just don't work! Even by 24 proportions it seems silly. The assault on CTU (again!) was also rather lame. Mr Bauer just magically disabled all their defences. No military base would be that stupid to not have soldiers available especially when a nuke was detonated in the same city!

The Morris Chloe stuff was pretty well done. The explanation for Jack missing his father's deceit was rather nice too. He's off his game and a few other places had references to Jack making slight mistakes and errors of judgement.

Gredenko's betrayal of Fayed was rather nice too. The Russian President agreeing to a military strike on his own Consulate. And the Martha Logan, Anya Suarov stuff. .. the less said the better. Even by 24 standards the 'kills' to suspend the story were cheap. Ok, cheap kills happen in real-life, but then 24's not realistic so I like my fiction to make sense.
    May check the deleted scenes later. See if that also changes the season.

Now onto the next episode of this season. :)

Finished season 6.

It's a bit of fun in places
    but the philip bauer stuff just don't work! Even by 24 proportions it seems silly. The assault on CTU (again!) was also rather lame. Mr Bauer just magically disabled all their defences. No military base would be that stupid to not have soldiers available especially when a nuke was detonated in the same city!

The Morris Chloe stuff was pretty well done. The explanation for Jack missing his father's deceit was rather nice too. He's off his game and a few other places had references to Jack making slight mistakes and errors of judgement.

Gredenko's betrayal of Fayed was rather nice too. The Russian President agreeing to a military strike on his own Consulate. And the Martha Logan, Anya Suarov stuff. .. the less said the better. Even by 24 standards the 'kills' to suspend the story were cheap. Ok, cheap kills happen in real-life, but then 24's not realistic so I like my fiction to make sense.
    May check the deleted scenes later. See if that also changes the season.

Now onto the next episode of this season. :)

Yeah the worst part of season 6 for me was the
    Philip Bauer part. I like James Cromwell as an actor but the whole thing just didnt really work at all. Some of the characters were very forgettable too, such as Nadia Yassir (although very hot) and Mylo Pressman. Mike Doyle was a good character though, was a shame what happened to him. I also liked the President/Karen Hayes/Tom Lennox trio. Thought Peter McNicols was excellent in it.

Its a solid season but probably the weakest season of 24. The new season (so far) has crapped all over the likes of season 3, 4 and 6. Season 5 still being the best!

Advertisement