Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Essay on the Economic Recovery

• 02-06-2014 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Need some help please....... I am back repeating my Higher Level Irish in Leaving Cert after 10 years! I have a few essays put together on "The Education System", "Social Media", "Problems Facing Teenagers today". Now I am thinking an essay may come up on the Economic Recovery as i feel it is topical! I hadn't planned on preparing another essay this week, I just wanted to revise over everything.

I don't understand half of this Recession, Recovery, Bonds etc.... in English never mind as Gaeilge and I don't want to spend too much time on it so can someone please help me out!!

Thanks in advance! xxx

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22 nickiirl

Hey :) I'm a repeat as well just over the ten years too!! I have a done a couple of essays on mean siosialta, bochtanas in eirinn, Imirce agus difhostaithe and 2 famous people I admire... And I'm working on a debate intro here hoping its a page long before I start about the topic... You could probably bring it in from your problems facing teenagers- jobs available, when they finish college, emigrate tbh I'm not 100% sure myself sorry... I'm not writing one on it if it comes up I'll just use what I have already :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20 IsMiseAvril

nickiirl wrote: »
    Hey :) I'm a repeat as well just over the ten years too!! I have a done a couple of essays on mean siosialta, bochtanas in eirinn, Imirce agus difhostaithe and 2 famous people I admire... And I'm working on a debate intro here hoping its a page long before I start about the topic... You could probably bring it in from your problems facing teenagers- jobs available, when they finish college, emigrate tbh I'm not 100% sure myself sorry... I'm not writing one on it if it comes up I'll just use what I have already :)

Hiya! Well I just kinda threw something together there for it so I hope it'll be ok. Looking at other posts on boards I see alot of people a doing aiste's on famous people they admire as well! How did I not think of this!!? I'm not starting a whole new essay now anyway. I think i'm going to concentrate on The Economy/Recovery, Social Media, Tionchar na Gaeilge, and Fadhbanna na Doaine Oga! And yes i must work on the debate intro now as well! Can't believe it's now a week away!!

Hiya! Well I just kinda threw something together there for it so I hope it'll be ok. Looking at other posts on boards I see alot of people a doing aiste's on famous people they admire as well! How did I not think of this!!? I'm not starting a whole new essay now anyway. I think i'm going to concentrate on The Economy/Recovery, Social Media, Tionchar na Gaeilge, and Fadhbanna na Doaine Oga! And yes i must work on the debate intro now as well! Can't believe it's now a week away!!

Yeah your right to ficus on what you have! I think there was something about it on the paper last year and it probably won't come up again though :) I know crazy!! I'm dreading it but can't wait for it to be over!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭Powerhouse

I think there was something about it on the paper last year and it probably won't come up again though :) I know crazy!!

There was nothing directly on the economy on the paper last year or the year before.

Powerhouse wrote: »
    There was nothing directly on the economy on the paper last year or the year before.

I was talking about essays on famous people last year "realtai spoirt an lae inniu" came up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

Powerhouse wrote: »

A lot to talk about . Lots of other problems develop from it . People turn to drugs alcohol suicide etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭Powerhouse

I was talking about essays on famous people last year "realtai spoirt an lae inniu" came up.

Apologies.
    EoghanIRL wrote: »
    A lot to talk about . Lots of other problems develop from it . People turn to drugs alcohol suicide etc.

Sorry, the point I was making was that there was not a direct essay on the economy in the last few years which might increase the likelihood of one this year. And yes the economy is relevant to most topics at some level. As I keep telling my students, if you have it prepared, make it relevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 SSMorg

I am in the same boat, repeating LC Irish after 12 years, Im doing Media, young People, & Crime . Have a bit prepared on the Irish Language. I have a general 3/4 pages introduction that is very general & I could for any topic & same 1/2 page general ending. Hoping I then could mange 2 pages on any topic that comes up... What do ye think of my essay topic, anything else I should include, really freaking out now....

• Registered Users Posts: 20 IsMiseAvril

SSMorg wrote: »
    I am in the same boat, repeating LC Irish after 12 years, Im doing Media, young People, & Crime . Have a bit prepared on the Irish Language. I have a general 3/4 pages introduction that is very general & I could for any topic & same 1/2 page general ending. Hoping I then could mange 2 pages on any topic that comes up... What do ye think of my essay topic, anything else I should include, really freaking out now....

Hiya, I'm concentrating a lot on the economy to be honest but i also have a bit prepared on young people, media and irish language which I hope I can include in nearly any essay topic! I am more worried I won't understand the topics on the paper at all!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 SSMorg

Even though I have essays prepared I don't feel they are good enough, not looking for an essay but could someone give me a good plan/ layout / topics I should cover.
    Eg.
    Daoine Oga
    Intro
    Problems- Drugs, alcohol, Pressure of school, Bullying
    End

I'm just hitting the 500 words or 2.5 pages.

Can anyone give me good topics for The Media & Irish Language, feel mine are rubbish. :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement