Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold water shaving.

Options
  • 02-06-2014 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭

I was reading this article a couple of days ago on cold water shaving, http://www.artofmanliness.com/2010/03/24/cold-water-shaving/
    By cold I'm mean out of the tap cold. So far I've done 2 shaves using this method. All I can say is wow. I've had the best shaves and for the first time were a run of the alum resulted in no burning. My beard is coarse but, I've sensitive skin. Before I found sharp blades like the feather irritated my skin. Now I've found using cold water and a sharp blade can give me a really good close shave with zero irritation. I still make the lather with hot water though.

Anyone else using this method?

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I've been bearded for 5 of the last 9 months, but before and beards in between I was cold water shaving every couple of days. Getting great results.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

I had one last week because there was no hot water in the house and I wasn't bothered to boil the kettle. Straight razor and cold lather really didn't feel good. The shave was passable but not something I will be doing often.

I used to really enjoy them when I regularly used a DE razor though.

Advertisement