Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English junior cert help

Options
  • 02-06-2014 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭

hi I'm just wondering how much should you write in english if the question is 15 and 30 marks. Im not really sure wether I'm doing too much to too less
    Please help!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭S_Hick12

My teacher says you should write about a line for each mark, eg. 30 mark q = 30 lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭emersyn

My teacher says that for every five marks you should make one strong well-developed point, (Point, Quote, Explain) which will usually be 4-7 lines. So a fifteen mark question would be around three-quarters of a page and a thirty mark question would be a page and a half, give or take a quarter for big/small handwriting.
    Remember that it's always quality over quantity though. If you write a strong, well-developed answer you'll get most of the marks no matter if it's half a page or five pages long.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Eims14

My teacher says for every 5 marks you should have one well developed point but tbh its quality over quantity i dont really think theres a guaranteed amount to.write that will get you an A,B etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭FifaPlaya

nokia211 wrote: »
    hi I'm just wondering how much should you write in english if the question is 15 and 30 marks. Im not really sure wether I'm doing too much to too less
    Please help!![/Q

I suggest 3/4 pg for a 15 mark q and 1 1/2 pg for a 30 mark q

Advertisement