Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NOAA 18

Options
  • 02-06-2014 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭

Has anybody noticed that NOAA 18 opens the 3 rock repeater?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

I thought the Three Rock repeater was long dead. I've not heard it for years!

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Dublinflyer

It's alive and working well. I wonder who is maintaining it. I could get a ping from kippure up until recently but I think that's gone now. I was showing my nephew the picture you can get from the NOAA Satalite and just as it was coming into range 3 rock started pinging. I was very surprised to hear 3 rock asking in this way so maybe there is something wrong up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭martinsvi

three rock repeater (2m - Out 145.6 MHz) is dead, three rock on 70cms (Out on 433.225) is alive and well
    kippure is ok too (out 145.7625 MHz)

noaa's are around 137 MHz, on weak powers, there's no way it will cause a repeater ping some 7 MHz apart

Most likely some local interference or weak signals coming from continet with a help of sporadic-e

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Dublinflyer

OK, it may have been a coincidence so! It has happened to me twice though. It's a funny thing, I work in a very high tech environment but I still get a bit giddy when I get a picture from one of the noaa's for some reason, very old school stuff ;-)

Interesting to hear the Kippure is ok, I lost "contact" with that about 6 months ago but I have only tried with handhelds. I could get it to open without any problem. I must try with the roof antenna. I wonder who has out up what that is blocking me from ground level!!!

Cheers!

Advertisement