Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Salad's Bolted

• 02-06-2014 2:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I bought some of those 6 packs of different salad seeds, most of which I managed to bring on in Greenhouse, in containers.

A few weeks ago I planted them in the soil in the greenhouse.

I water daily, but not heavily.

This weekend most of the plants have bolted,

I have some small plants left over, that I did not plant out, should I try again, and what have I done wrong, or is it the weather?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭yellowlabrador

Salad is a crop you would sow once a week in small quantities. Plant them out and sow some more seeds, The bolted salad can still be eaten or even cooked, it has a slightly bitter taste similar to endive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭redser7

It was too warm in the greenhouse, you would have been better off planting them outside. It's useful to plant under cover for late or overwintering salad leaves.

Advertisement