Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Water Discussion {MERGE}

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Victor wrote: »
    You will tend to find that the neighbours are collectively responsible for the sewer until it reaches the public street.
    If an 'upstream' neighbour flushes something which cause an overflow later (on someone else's property), does that mean that all the property owners on either side of the eventual blockage are liable for damages/repair? How difficult is this to enforce?

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

You're purposely misrepresenting what I'm saying - the customer will not be directly charged for leaks outside of their property.

Ah I know, but I'm pointing out irish water have said their staff can't be fired for incompetence, so society will pay extra for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Esel wrote: »
    If an 'upstream' neighbour flushes something which cause an overflow later (on someone else's property), does that mean that all the property owners on either side of the eventual blockage are liable for damages/repair? How difficult is this to enforce?

If the blockage is in the pipe on private land then it is not a problem for IW, as I understand it ....... just as leaks in pipes on private land are a matter for the owner of the land.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

If the blockage is in the pipe on private land then it is not a problem for IW, as I understand it ....... just as leaks in pipes on private land are a matter for the owner of the land.
    Not quite. Sometimes there will be an Irish Water pipe on private land using a wayleave, sometimes it will be owned by the individual householder or group of householders.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 shellveedub

Well received the dreaded application pack in today's post...although my heart says "send it back unopened" ... my brain says otherwise. ..we will be looking for a mortgage after xmas and am wondering if anyone knows if refusal to sign up to Irish Water or refusal to pay the bills due to "no contract" will affect your credit rating??? ....

• Advertisement

Well received the dreaded application pack in today's post...although my heart says "send it back unopened" ... my brain says otherwise. ..we will be looking for a mortgage after xmas and am wondering if anyone knows if refusal to sign up to Irish Water or refusal to pay the bills due to "no contract" will affect your credit rating??? ....

Sweet Jesus. The no contract thing means nothing. You'd be as well off writing the lyrics to the Red Dwarf theme tune on the envelope because it would have the same effect.

Anyone telling you to write no contact is lying to you about what it will do. Ignore them, get better friends and learn to recognise a spoofer when you see one.

Pretty sure you're just fishing for someone to have this sort of response but on the off chance you are not please don't do anything so stupid as to send it back with no contract written on it. Get your allowance, pay your water bills and stop listening to people who share bull**** Facebook pages.

Sweet Jesus. The no contract thing means nothing. You'd be as well off writing the lyrics to the Red Dwarf theme tune on the envelope because it would have the same effect.

Anyone telling you to write no contact is lying to you about what it will do. Ignore them, get better friends and learn to recognise a spoofer when you see one.

Pretty sure you're just fishing for someone to have this sort of response but on the off chance you are not please don't do anything so stupid as to send it back with no contract written on it. Get your allowance, pay your water bills and stop listening to people who share bull**** Facebook pages.

Thanks kayroo but clearly not the answer to my question.....

Thanks kayroo but clearly not the answer to my question.....

Yeah... But the no contract thing is so spectacularly stupid and pointless that I assumed any reasoned answer would fall on deaf ears. Besides we aren't allowed give legal advice here so I couldn't answer a direct question like that even if I wasn't so utterly distracted by that freeman nonsense.

Yeah... But the no contract thing is so spectacularly stupid and pointless that I assumed any reasoned answer would fall on deaf ears. Besides we aren't allowed give legal advice here so I couldn't answer a direct question like that even if I wasn't so utterly distracted by that freeman nonsense.
    Thats fair enough kayroo...as a first time poster I was unaware that you couldn't give even vague legal advice...hence my reason for posting! Not to worry though. Thanks again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Pro Hoc Vice

If you want to take the risk with your home loan work away but ask yourself one question is it worth it, how will you feel if bank say well you had a great application but! Do you want to say to your family well funny story the bank won't lend me the money because they think I'm not a good risk because I don't pay my bills and they also think I'm a loon. A lot of these freemen are also saying I don't have to repay my loans because the bank invented the money, do you really think the bank if they discover this will lend money.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Bepolite

It's cold outside, there's no kind of atmosphere,
    I'm all alone, more or less.
    Let me fly, far away from here,
    Fun, fun, fun, In the sun, sun, sun.

I want to lie, shipwrecked and comatose,
    Drinking fresh, mango juice,
    Goldfish shoals, nibbling at my toes,
    Fun, fun, fun, In the sun, sun, sun,

I'll pack my bags and head into hyperspace
    Where I'll succeed at time-warp speed
    Spend my days in ultraviolet rays

We'll lock on course straight through the universe
    You and me and the galaxy
    Reach the stage where hyper-drive's engaged
    Fun, fun, fun, In the sun, sun, sun,

Just in case you need it for the envelope.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,511 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

What PHV and Fred Swanson said. If the Bank get wind of the fact that you are the kind of person who might fall for Freeman nonsense, they will not want to lend you money on any terms. The question of whether your credit rating has been affected becomes moot; however good your credit rating looks, you will just not be a customer they want .

Of course, it's not very likely that the Bank will get to hear of this in the early stages of your dispute with Irish Water. But once your dispute with Irish Water escalates and they take steps to enforce your water bill, yes, at some point this impacts your credit rating, because you will have an unsatisfied judgment registered against you. At that point it's fairly likely that the bank will discover you have been freemanned and, between that and your impaired credit rating, you are cactus as far as financial services go.

Do not do this to yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

This post has been deleted.

Exactly. So, between now and Christmas, no bills will be issued, so they will have no reason to take you to court. Even then, it would be months before bills arrive, you don't pay, court case is taken and then a judgement against you.

Between now and then, it won't have any impact on your credit rating. I've yet to see a mortgage application that asks if you pay all your bills. :rolleyes: They only check your credit rating and if there are any judgements against you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭BornToKill

..we will be looking for a mortgage after xmas and am wondering if anyone knows if refusal to sign up to Irish Water or refusal to pay the bills due to "no contract" will affect your credit rating??? ....

They just create the money out of thin air when you sign for the mortgage so no need to ever pay it back. Maybe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

There is no such thing as a free lunch.

At some stage you will be paying for it, best save yourself the heartache.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

Might be easier to refuse to pay back the mortgage because it's not real money. Better yet, just take over your new property on the basis that you are a person of the land and free to go where you please as you consent to no laws preventing you from doing so.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,554 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

If some one sends you one of those silly chain mail post it thingys on FB saying "Share this in the next 5 minutes and you will have luck, Don't share and someone in your family will catch herpes" Do you insta repost to all your friends? If so then follow the no contract thing because it has as much validity as the lucky chain mail posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,134 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Everything said in that video is absolutely correct, animals, savages etc. I assume they were referring to themselves?

I love the comment about they're not up here that quick when houses were broken into, well if perhaps they weren't wasting their time with fools interfering with the water meters...

• Advertisement

How everyone of them should be treated imo

Bepolite wrote: »
    Everything said in that video is absolutely correct, animals, savages etc. I assume they were referring to themselves?

I love the comment about they're not up here that quick when houses were broken into, well if perhaps they weren't wasting their time with fools interfering with the water meters...

At least the Gardaí 'copped" a feel of things with her, Wakka Wakka Wakka :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

Ah, heyour, leaverrou'!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭actuallylike

"What kind of men are you, arresting a woman?"

I find it difficult to get my head around the fact that there are people this stupid in this world.

"What kind of men are you, arresting a woman?"

I find it difficult to get my head around the fact that there are people this stupid in this world.

I used to deal with some really rough lads in Dundee and Glasgow. Some of the best customers I ever had but they weren't backwards in coming forwards when things didn't go according to plan. There was one absolutely guaranteed strategy that worked with them every time when they were in the shop screaming that they were going to f-ing kill you and that was - 'Gents - There are ladies present', always gave me a giggle, that they were quite willing to threaten to stab you but saying f*** in front of a woman was out of bounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭whippet

give an auldwan a tee-shirt with a protest logo and you develop a martyr.

I'd love to see what went on before the edit of the video was made .. as in what she was actually doing before getting arrested !!!

whippet wrote: »
    give an auldwan a tee-shirt with a protest logo and you develop a martyr.

I'd love to see what went on before the edit of the video was made .. as in what she was actually doing before getting arrested !!!

As usual the anti water/household/bin/whatever crowd will never show that part because it inevitably shows the arrestee doing something idiotic and illegal.

I'd give her two hours WOO to continue the Red Dwarf theme.

EDIT: I've actually just realised this makes more sense than most of the Freeman stuff.

This group's master plan to stop meter installation is literally to make a stand...

If anyone up there is able to knock on doors to advise people that all that is required to stop water meter installation is for people to stand or sit over their stop cock.

Should work till the Jeremy Kyle show starts on TV.

• Advertisement

How everyone of them should be treated imo

Loved the way the man held on to his mug of tea! Priceless

Advertisement