Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Water Discussion {MERGE}

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

The Act is quite clear that the customer is the occupier of the premises. Where there is a tenant, it is them.

A landlord should have no issue with paying for a tenant, so I'm not sure they need such a clause. Perhaps to save hassle (although incorrectly) they feel it is easier to pay and then try to get it off the tenant - in reality the landlord just has to tell UÉ the details of the tenant and it's not their problem anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,932 ✭✭✭✭listermint

The Act is quite clear that the customer is the occupier of the premises. Where there is a tenant, it is them.

A landlord should have no issue with paying for a tenant, so I'm not sure they need such a clause. Perhaps to save hassle (although incorrectly) they feel it is easier to pay and then try to get it off the tenant - in reality the landlord just has to tell UÉ the details of the tenant and it's not their problem anymore.

Exactly! Which is what i am getting at.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,134 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Wouldn't it be the irony of irony's if the water cannon came out and was used at the march today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

Wouldn't it be the irony of irony's if the water cannon came out and was used at the march today?

What water canon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Bepolite

I did have to have a chuckle at Burton''s comments.

• Advertisement

Bepolite wrote: »

It was one of those things where we know what she was trying to say but it came out so so wrong :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

I am living in an apartment that as it stands cannot be metered, I am sharing it with my girlfriend at the moment, but the lease is in my name, can I put down that I am the only resident and just give my PPS number or will they check this out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,922 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

It made me laugh especially when her phone is being paid for by the taxpayer :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Bepolite

It made me laugh especially when her phone is being paid for by the taxpayer :pac:

I think they point she was making - is so are theirs!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

For your amusement. Note mis-spelling of Anonymous and the usual contractual nonsense.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,724 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Robbo wrote: »

For your amusement. Note mis-spelling of Anonymous and the usual contractual nonsense.
    That genius posted his ice bucket challenge on his YouTube channel as well. Obviously the anonymous aspect of Anonymous escaped him.

Our friends from the National Citizens Movement have, according this, taken Irish Water to Court.

The legal case is with thanks to Allied Tiles and Bathrooms, Trim, who coincidentally enough are part owned by Damien Gibney, who's name has come up in the Freeman thread a few times.

https://www.facebook.com/1545240672365897/photos/pb.1545240672365897.-2207520000.1413232651./1580228852200412/?type=3&theater

• Registered Users Posts: 51,922 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I think they point she was making - is so are theirs!

Glass houses so.:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Our friends from the National Citizens Movement have, according this, taken Irish Water to Court.

The legal case is with thanks to Allied Tiles and Bathrooms, Trim, who coincidentally enough are part owned by Damien Gibney, who's name has come up in the Freeman thread a few times.

https://www.facebook.com/1545240672365897/photos/pb.1545240672365897.-2207520000.1413232651./1580228852200412/?type=3&theater
    Gibney would have been one of those who left the Rodolphus Allen Trust in acrimony but had no problem being part of the Attack the Tax "cash for paper" scam.

If the promised wave of baseless lay litigation arises, will we be looking at the Isaac Water Order?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭Going Forward

I was purposely providing a "simplistic" example. But prey tell, what are our options wise one?

Pray;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭whippet

Is this Allied Ceramic Tiles which Mr Gibney is a director that is in liquidation according to Solocheck, there was a Creditors meeting about 12 months ago

http://www.solocheck.ie/Irish-Company/Allied-Ceramic-Tiles-Limited-252525

http://www.insolvencyjournal.ie/news/allied-ceramic-tiles-limited

Robbo wrote: »

If the promised wave of baseless lay litigation arises, will we be looking at the Isaac Water Order?

Love how utterly audience specific this joke is. Wunderful

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

Another potential lay litigant. If it's true about the ease of tampering, he may have a point. But that point is marred somewhat by the "No consent. No meter here" scrawled on his driveway.
    Mullingar man is taking Irish Water to court

... Speaking to the Westmeath Examiner on Tuesday, Mr Murphy said that he felt compelled to act as he was concerned that “anyone in Ireland can remove water meters, add anything they want in and it will come out of your taps”.

Last month one of Mr Murphy’s co-founders of the anti-water charges group Irish Citizens Movement, Meath resident Alan Law, released video footage which claimed to show the relative ease with which someone could tamper with a household’s water supply without any tools.

“When the meter is in, you just open the shore, you turn off the water, you get your two hands on the meter, turn it anti-clockwise, screw it out, squirt what you like into the hole, put the meter back in, turn on the water again and that’s it. When the person turns on their tap whatever you squirted in will come out. It could be anything. I want my unit put back the way it was, a sealed unit,” Mr Murphy said.

http://www.westmeathexaminer.ie/news/roundup/articles/2014/10/14/4033132-mullingar-man-is-taking-irish-water-to-court/

• Advertisement

Doesn't show how long/difficult to open meter up, though.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Another potential lay litigant. If it's true about the ease of tampering, he may have a point. But that point is marred somewhat by the "No consent. No meter here" scrawled on his driveway.

http://www.westmeathexaminer.ie/news/roundup/articles/2014/10/14/4033132-mullingar-man-is-taking-irish-water-to-court/

Has Mr Murphy any particular reason to suspect that someone would be interested in tampering with his water supply? :rolleyes:

Would it be safe to assume that Mr Murphy's local pub supply his pint in a sippy-cup to ensure nobody is able to 'squirt whatever they like' into it?

Graham wrote: »
    Has Mr Murphy any particular reason to suspect that someone would be interested in tampering with his water supply? :rolleyes:

Would it be safe to assume that Mr Murphy's local pub supply his pint in a sippy-cup to ensure nobody is able to 'squirt whatever they like' into it?

If this option had been open to Fran the other night, he needn't have risked getting the gun off Patrick in order to whack Nidge.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

If this option had been open to Fran the other night, he needn't have risked getting the gun off Patrick in order to whack Nidge.

According to the other tin-foil-hat brigade, there's nothing to worry about. Anything injected into the water meter will be immediately wiped out by the fluoride. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭chasm

The "myths about irish water" status that was doing the rounds on FB and elsewhere recently was written by someone linked the NCM.

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭brownej

Anyone can put something through his letterbox too....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭Going Forward

brownej wrote: »
    Anyone can put something through his letterbox too....

Stamped lead seals are wire connected through each part of the meter fittings in some states in the US, to deter tampering.

• Advertisement

Doesn't show how long/difficult to open meter up, though.

It takes a fair little bit of work and you need some tools which, although reasonable easy to buy, are not what you'd have sitting in your tool box. While it isn't rocket science, it's not exactly something a lay man can do in seconds and it's not something everybody is capable of doing. Certainly, it's not as simple, handy or as quick as they want you to believe.

Advertisement