Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Water Discussion {MERGE}

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

This raises a question ....... do those people have to return the form with their PPS number filled in?

No they don't - they just confirm name and address and say they are not a customer.

The letters are going to every address in the country. For some of them - they have the name of the possible owner - from Revenue's property tax data . Those letters will be addressed to a person.

Other addresses - they know are rented out because they have NPPR data/ PTRB data . It seems some or all of these are addressed to the occupier.

The properties that never registered for property tax - they will be addressed to the occupier .

• Registered Users Posts: 13,134 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Ruth Coppinger, TD, has tonight spoken out against the "Return to Sender, no contract no consent" tactics bollocks.

https://www.facebook.com/RuthCoppingerTD/photos/a.460692917354688.1073741825.156398467784136/695065810584063/?type=1

Ruth Coppinger, TD, has tonight spoken out against the "Return to Sender, no contract no consent" tactics bollocks.

https://www.facebook.com/RuthCoppingerTD/photos/a.460692917354688.1073741825.156398467784136/695065810584063/?type=1

She makes a lot of sense .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Sala

Ogham wrote: »
    No they don't - they just confirm name and address and say they are not a customer.

The letters are going to every address in the country. For some of them - they have the name of the possible owner - from Revenue's property tax data . Those letters will be addressed to a person.

Other addresses - they know are rented out because they have NPPR data/ PTRB data . It seems some or all of these are addressed to the occupier.

The properties that never registered for property tax - they will be addressed to the occupier .

Interesting... Mine was address to the occupier, does that mean my landlord never paid to property tax?

Sala wrote: »
    Interesting... Mine was address to the occupier, does that mean my landlord never paid to property tax?

Not necessarily - as I said "Other addresses - they know are rented out because they have NPPR data/ PTRB data . It seems some or all of these are addressed to the occupier."

It looks like where they know a property is rented out they may just address it to the occupier because they don't have all details of tenants. The landlord should be getting another letter listing all the houses they own so he/she can tell IW which are occupied.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Sala

Not necessarily - as I said "Other addresses - they know are rented out because they have NPPR data/ PTRB data . It seems some or all of these are addressed to the occupier."

It looks like where they know a property is rented out they may just address it to the occupier because they don't have all details of tenants. The landlord should be getting another letter listing all the houses they own so he/she can tell IW which are occupied.

Ah sorry I see that now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

I doubt any data given in relation to nppr or prtb could be used as they were not given for the purpose of charging for domestic water services.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,554 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

I notice that you cannot submit your application online as gaelige.

Can you fill the physical form in as Gaelige?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

Can you fill the physical form in as Gaelige?

Yes. There's an English version and an Irish version. As I recall, you can also nominate (online) all correspondence to be in Irish.

• Advertisement

Yes. There's an English version and an Irish version. As I recall, you can also nominate (online) all correspondence to be in Irish.

Am sure some will say that's not enough. They will expect the meter fitters to converse in Irish next.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

The comments are hilarious.
    What the **** is it with these pseudolaw cranks? They just prattle on and on with their bull**** and they never let the facts get in their way ...
    For context, the person who made that comment has an Isaac Wunder order against him and thinks that the 2009 Defamation Act was brought in by Bryan Cowen to protect Jimmy Savile.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Am sure some will say that's not enough. They will expect the meter fitters to converse in Irish next.
    It's always amazing how animated someone will get about defending their strict language rights, as they imagine them, when they think it will allow them to escape paying for something or being pinned for petty crime.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

1.2 billion a year of our taxes come directly for water, minister coveney even confirmed this stat, considering there is 1.7 million homes inhabited in Ireland, thats 705 euro a year on average per household already paying for water

Irish water is nothing more than a quango which is costing more to run for the same services we always got and always paid for and with the low quality meters they are installing we will be seeing way more leaks, also when irish water are getting 188 euro per hour to fix these leaks it's no wonder they are putting in meters that are made to fail (plumber friend of mine who works for the council's words)

The government doesn't have the money to pay legal aid for all the people they will need to bring to court who won't be paying

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

cowzerp wrote: »
    1.2 billion a year of our taxes come directly for water, minister coveney even confirmed this stat, considering there is 1.7 million homes inhabited in Ireland, thats 705 euro a year on average per household already paying for water

Irish water is nothing more than a quango which is costing more to run for the same services we always got and always paid for and with the low quality meters they are installing we will be seeing way more leaks, also when irish water are getting 188 euro per hour to fix these leaks it's no wonder they are putting in meters that are made to fail (plumber friend of mine who works for the council's words)

The government doesn't have the money to pay legal aid for all the people they will need to bring to court who won't be paying

Me mate told me this in the pub so it MUST be true :rolleyes:

Me mate told me this in the pub so it MUST be true :rolleyes:

He's a very experience plumber and said they are guaranteed to leak, you do realise that's what plumbing is all about!

the irish water workers are qualified at nothing and are already causing leaks all over Ireland.

He's a very experience plumber and said they are guaranteed to leak, you do realise that's what plumbing is all about!

the irish water workers are qualified at nothing and are already causing leaks all over Ireland.

And i'm sure you can post up more reputable evidence other than "My mate told me"

And i'm sure you can post up more reputable evidence other than "My mate told me"

What's better evidence than an expert on the subject saying they are low quality and will leak, You might not understand plumbing and quality equipment but he certainly does, and i have a small idea too.

On the qualifications of Irish water workers! anyone can get them jobs as they are a non skilled job.

What's better evidence than an expert on the subject saying they are low quality and will leak, You might not understand plumbing and quality equipment but he certainly does, and i have a small idea too.

My mate in the pub told me that microwave ovens are the cause of down syndrome, He repairs microwave ovens for a living so he must be right.

See how silly your argument sounds without evidence of your claims?

Better evidence would be actual evidence of these "leaks all over Ireland" caused by the shoddy workmanship if the IW workers and the below quality meters being used.

• Advertisement

My mate in the pub told me that microwave ovens are the cause of down syndrome, He repairs microwave ovens for a living so he must be right.

See how silly your argument sounds without evidence of your claims?

Better evidence would be actual evidence of these "leaks all over Ireland" caused by the shoddy workmanship if the IW workers and the below quality meters being used.

1st off, your patronising tone only makes you look like an idiot, my friend who i see all the time who is an expert in Plumbing unlike a microwave fixer!

told me not in the pub by the way as you keep smartly suggesting that they are low quality and will leak, this is separate to the Irish water workers non qualifications for the job, now apart from you trying to be smart do you have anything of use to add?

1st off, your patronising tone only makes you look like an idiot, my friend who i see all the time who is an expert in Plumbing unlike a microwave fixer!

told me not in the pub by the way as you keep smartly suggesting that they are low quality and will leak, this is separate to the Irish water workers non qualifications for the job, now apart from you trying to be smart do you have anything of use to add?

So how come your "friend" is able to tell you this yet no other "experts" have busted this wide open? Why is it not all over the news about these "leaks all over Ireland" and breaking news about the shoddy cheap meters that are/will break?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Robbo wrote: »
    It's always amazing how animated someone will get about defending their strict language rights, as they imagine them, when they think it will allow them to escape paying for something or being pinned for petty crime.

On the other hand if there is a requirement for the languages to be available anyone who wishes is well entitled to complain if they are not available.

Why would this complaint not be completely acceptable?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Just going to apply some standards to the quality of posting:
    1.2 billion a year of our taxes come directly for water, minister coveney even confirmed this stat {{Citation needed}}, considering there is 1.7 million homes inhabited in Ireland, thats 705 euro a year on average per household already paying for water

Irish water is nothing more than a quango which is costing more to run for the same services we always got {{Citation needed}} and always paid for {{Citation needed}} and with the low quality meters they are installing we will be seeing way more leaks {{Citation needed}}, also when irish water are getting 188 euro per hour to fix these leaks {{Citation needed}} it's no wonder they are putting in meters that are made to fail (plumber friend of mine who works for the council's words)

The government doesn't have the money to pay legal aid for all the people they will need to bring to court who won't be paying {{Citation needed}}

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

On the other hand if there is a requirement for the languages to be available anyone who wishes is well entitled to complain if they are not available.

Why would this complaint not be completely acceptable?

Complaint negated by the ability to fill in a paper version of the form in Irish.

So how come your "friend" is able to tell you this yet no other "experts" have busted this wide open? Why is it not all over the news about these "leaks all over Ireland" and breaking news about the shoddy cheap meters that are/will break?

The news!! that's the funniest thing i have ever read

which news? the states news RTE, Denis o' Briens to many to mention

I'm out of here, it's people like you that is wrong with this country, roll over and die and accept what ever measures it takes to pay back these gambling bankers

I'm out of here, it's people like you that is wrong with this country, roll over and die and accept what ever measures it takes to pay back these gambling bankers

Any news, why is it only you and your expert friend know about this? Sure as **** stinks if any of the anti water brigade heard about this they would be on top of Leinster house shouting about it yet you're the one and only person to make these claims.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I think you're looking for the Conspiracy Theories Forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

They don't need to sue people. They'll just restrict their water supplies.

Advertisement