Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Orange discharge around Kittens nose

• 02-06-2014 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭

Hi all, got a bit of an issue here.

My Brother in law and his girlfriend adopted a new kitten last week. I called into them yesterday evening and they were showing me the kitten. I noticed that it had an orange discharge around it's nose and and that it sounded like it was bunged up with a cold. It also can't mew properly. I asked them how long the kitten had been like this and they told me since they adopted it but they were hoping it would just go away on it's own. I have told them to take it to the vets but they don't seem too worried about it. I can't really force them to take it to the vets but the poor little thing does sound like it can't breath right and it sounds like it needs some kind of medical attention :(

I know it's none of my business at the end of the day but I am just curious as to know if anyone as come across this orange discharge and what it could be. I have had cats for years and I have never seen it before in any of them and I am baffled to say the least!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

It sounds like cat flu. Those boogers come in all colours of the rainbow! Not only will it not get better on its own, it will get worse, and could damage her eyes and her airways permanently. She needs antibiotics and TLC. The least they can do for their new pet is take it to the vet to be checked out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭Mozzeltoff

Thanks for the reply boomerang. I agree with you completely that the least they should do is take it to the vets to get it checked. I am pretty concerned for the well being of the kitten but as I said earlier I can't really force them to take it to the vets either. I'd hate to think that it's suffering :( Nearly tempted to take it to the vet myself.

Advertisement