Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wasp nest

• 02-06-2014 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭

Hi I have a wasp nest in heavy hedging that I can hear but can't see. From reading other threads on here my options seem to be getting a spray in a hardware store or smoking them out but as I can't quite pinpoint the location both of these could be difficult.

I would be happy to leave them be but I have a curious toddler and a hysterical wife.

Any suggestions ? (For the wasps)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Joe10000

It's possible they are bees, it's hard to tell and they may be swarming around the bushes rather than a nest, not sure if that helps...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60 ✭✭brian67

sound more like bees its a bit early for wasps have a look after dark with a flash light as they are not as lively at night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭Knob Longman

Don't kill em' Maybe ring a a vet and ask for advice on removing them, AFAIK beekeepers can move hives.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Joe10000

Thanks for the replies but I was told don't use a torch in the dark as it startles them.

In any event in true impatient style I went into the shrubs and gave all of them a good shake and only one or two came flying out so my uneducated guess is there is no nest.

• Site Banned Posts: 4 Squawky

Joe10000 wrote: »
    Hi I have a wasp nest in heavy hedging that I can hear but can't see. From reading other threads on here my options seem to be getting a spray in a hardware store or smoking them out but as I can't quite pinpoint the location both of these could be difficult.

I would be happy to leave them be but I have a curious toddler and a hysterical wife.

Any suggestions ? (For the wasps)

If you can manage to urinate on the nest that should do the trick.

• Advertisement
Advertisement