Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PM's Sent to GMail Spam Box

Options
  • 02-06-2014 4:49pm
    Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Hey folks,
    Strange one, this - Specific PM's have, at times, landed themselves in my spam-box for no know reason via GMail.

It is clearly from no-reply@Boards and doesn't contain any strange links or keywords that would spark up a warning - But regardless, at least three times this week, I've found certain automated Boards messages hit my spam.

Just figured I'd mention it - Maybe it was brought up before, or maybe folks have experienced this issue as well. I've not changed anything that could have caused this and it's all been very sudden - But now becoming consistent. Once I was certain it was definitely from Boards, I've marked it as NotSpam and hope it'll cure the issue (for me, individually) but figured it was worth mentioning anyway.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

I had two that went to email spam rather than inbox on the same day. Only time it's ever happened to me. Blamed it on Gremlins.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Probably better off asking about this in Site Development.

Moved from Feedback.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Ruubot2 wrote: »

That pertains to Google Chrome users? I don't have Chrome installed, rather using FF27.0 for browser, and IE11.0 for MS updates.

EDIT: I am using a gmail account to receive Reports from boards that runs on FF. I wonder if there may be a problem there?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement