Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving cert 2014

• 02-06-2014 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

So I'm praying Dickinson comes up as I only studied her

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16 seanlennon2015

She is a good poet to come up as there are so many metaphors that you can relate from here poem to dickinsons own life :) also Study Heaney are teacher reckon there is a good chance of heaney coming up , also study bishop she is a good one to come up and two of her poem are easy enough :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Shauna1995

I studied Dickinson, tiny bit on kinsella and I might do Yeats just to cover my ass.. Hoooope Dickinson comes up

Tbh she more than likely will she is one that is good to come up she came up in my mock

So did Heaney .. I'd never judge it by the mocks just passed papers.. I wouldn't be banking on bishop cause she is up for the next few years.. I agree though I say Dickinson will come up

If ye are studying Macbeth, I'd recommend studying Banquo, just in case ye haven't

• Advertisement

Ye what are teacher done was the more common poet eg : plath,mahon,heaney, bishop,dickinson,wbyeats and a few other one like larkin , callaghan thomas

We did Dickinson Plath Heaney Yeats kinsella Larkin but I'm not studying all them just 1 known really well and 2 safety nets

ye that is it just remember metaphors alliteration assonance cacophony and image and repition they will really come in handy and try relate to the poem Like a 10 mark question is One paragraph 2 X POint,Qoute and explenation , they seem hard but jsut remmebr quote they are word alot of marks if you do it right i read the solution to the mock and they state that alot :pp

I have it to :) very handy piece of paper .. I would Really recommend looking up about the poets life.. There poems make sense so much more which does all the better for your answer ..looks impressive as well.. With English they really do want your personal opinion, as long as you can justify it your sorted

Defo like most poets write about there personal life it is how they express themselve like slyvia plath portrayed the probelem od depression in her life and how they effective her ability as a mother

• Advertisement

I liked Plath expect there is something about Dickinson I love.. She's not afraid to speak her mind

• Registered Users Posts: 9 saddlehorse

Does anyone know if you lose marks for not titling your personal essay?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,774 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Going for Heaney and Dickinson and then Bishop and Plath as backups.

Really like Dickinson, one point about relating back to her own life that I like to use is that she always uses avian imagery, yet she never travelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Aislinggrace

Going for Heaney and Dickinson and then Bishop and Plath as backups.

Really like Dickinson, one point about relating back to her own life that I like to use is that she always uses avian imagery, yet she never travelled.

"To close one's eyes is to travel" - Emily Dickinson

Advertisement