Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Safe to cut fuscia in June?

• 02-06-2014 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hi,

I pruned my fuscia heavily in March but it's already taking over the side wall of my garden, preventing the small plants near it from growing.

Would it be ok to prune it now?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Norfolk Enchants_

bizguy wrote: »
    Hi,

I pruned my fuscia heavily in March but it's already taking over the side wall of my garden, preventing the small plants near it from growing.

Would it be ok to prune it now?

Thanks
    Why wouldn't it be?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭bizguy

Why wouldn't it be?

Thanks was just checking, I didn't want to kill it off!! Advise I had read on other websites said to prune in Autumn/early Spring

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Norfolk Enchants_

bizguy wrote: »
    Thanks was just checking, I didn't want to kill it off!! Advise I had read on other websites said to prune in Autumn/early Spring
    You'd be hard pressed to kill most shrubs pruning them now, and Fuchsia is probably one of the hardiest, you will however lose the the flower buds already formed although it will produce more around mid July if pruned now.

Advertisement