Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MS office 2013 wont install - win8

Options
  • 02-06-2014 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭

I try to install it and I get this => "Microsoft office professional plus 2013 preview encountered an error during setup"

I've tried a number of things - ran cccleaner - rebooted - rebooted in clean boot mode. Still no dice.

Any suggestions would be very welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭johndoe99

do you have any previous versions already installed?

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭maki

You're trying to install Office 2013 Preview. That was killed off about a year ago. You need the final release version.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

johndoe99 wrote: »
    do you have any previous versions already installed?
    |Nope - never. Almost brand new machine running win8.
    maki wrote:
    You're trying to install Office 2013 Preview. That was killed off about a year ago. You need the final release version.
    I have the full file - what mechanism is used to prevent it being installed exactly? Surely it should still install?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Try running this FixIT and see if it resolves the issue. Make sure you are not installing a preview copy as mentioned above, instead login to www.office.com using the details you provided during registration and re-download Office from the site. If you haven't signed up yet do so here with your product key.

Nick

yoyo wrote: »
    Try running this FixIT and see if it resolves the issue.
    Had tried that without success.
    yoyo wrote: »
    Make sure you are not installing a preview copy as mentioned above, instead login to www.office.com using the details you provided during registration and re-download Office from the site. If you haven't signed up yet do so here with your product key.
    Ok, thanks. Will do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,264 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Any update between last year and today could have broken the functionality of the installer

As the installer is no longer supported, nobody would have been there to fix it

All sorted now. :-)

Thanks all.

Advertisement