Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guess the English p1 theme

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 fionnacake

It could be something like liberation or equality, or maybe something more general like change?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

fionnacake wrote: »
    It could be something like liberation or equality, or maybe something more general like change?

Yes I would love change .
    Would love science too or anything to do with advancing technology etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Badwulf

Buttholes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Mr Pseudonym

2013 Story-telling
    2012 Memory
    2011 Mystery
    2010 The Future
    2009 Decisions
    2008 Identity
    2007 Change
    2006 Pretence
    2005 Ordinary lives
    2004 Work and play
    2003 Journeys
    2002 Family
    2001 Irishness

Quite frankly, if you can't spot the obvious pattern, you don't deserve to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Smash The House

Wisdom

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 K6Y

Friends or Travel seem likely... I seriously hope they don't come up though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 JD244

Aspiring wrote: »
    Tragedy

Tragedy wouldn't be too bad for the essay, but it'd be tough enough for the articles and speeches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭dee_mc

K6Y wrote: »
    Friends or Travel seem likely... I seriously hope they don't come up though!!

Travel could be nice enough, have a look at the 2003 paper 'Journey', gorgeous paper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 100 ✭✭LiverpoolLad95

When we talk about theme here, is it what the Articles are based on? Haven't heard anything like this before. Guess it just shows how bad I am. Anyway, say Black Rights comes up, could I use my knowledge of Martin Luther King from History and the Boycott?

When we talk about theme here, is it what the Articles are based on? Haven't heard anything like this before. Guess it just shows how bad I am. Anyway, say Black Rights comes up, could I use my knowledge of Martin Luther King from History and the Boycott?

Yes, but don't fall into the trap of writing a factual history essay :)
    And you can also use the information and characters in the articles and pictures to inform your main essay if you wish. Some students make the mistake of thinking that doing this is 'cheating' - it's not, it's using given material as inspiration, which is a good thing :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Mr Pseudonym

Say Black Rights comes up...

If you look at the list given in a previous post, all of the themes have been abstract. You might get something like Prejudice or Intolerance, but nothing specific like you mentioned.

The theme of the paper is stated on the first page (have a look http://examinations.ie/archive/exampapers/2013/LC002ALP100EV.pdf)
    All the comprehensions and the essay titles are loosely based on the theme, which tends to be quite general.

dee_mc wrote: »
    Yes, but don't fall into the trap of writing a factual history essay :)
    And you can also use the information and characters in the articles and pictures to inform your main essay if you wish. Some students make the mistake of thinking that doing this is 'cheating' - it's not, it's using given material as inspiration, which is a good thing :)

Oh yer, won't make that mistake. In the mock we had to write an essay on a courageous act, just thinking it would be good to write about being a student in a sit-in or a march.

Oh yer, won't make that mistake. In the mock we had to write an essay on a courageous act, just thinking it would be good to write about being a student in a sit-in or a march.

That's the stuff, it's great to have a bit of a sub-plot going too, so think about setting a story/essay in a historical period that interests you.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭MrAweesome

Courage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 594 ✭✭✭d1234

Dreams!

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Badwulf

The cowardly dog

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 219 ✭✭nailforhammer

Badwulf wrote: »
    The cowardly dog

I'd swear you work for the department... These theme predictions are suspiciously superior to the average educated guess!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

They're suspiciously something all right! >_>

Put the beer away, Badwulf!

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Smash The House

Influence

• Advertisement

Influence

I second this prediction.....I think I heard it somewhere before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

Influence

Winner :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 131 ✭✭Mario95

Huell wrote: »
    kanye west

wow! You were right. Kanye West (name) is on the the picture of text 2.

Can you please guess which poets will come up for Paper 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Janeh9

Praying for Mahon or Dickinson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭Huell

Mario95 wrote: »
    wow! You were right. Kanye West (name) is on the the picture of text 2.

Can you please guess which poets will come up for Paper 2?
    The almighty god kanye appeared in my dream and said heaney,dickinson,yeates,larkin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Kanyeorgy.jpg

Advertisement