Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tan & Washing hair help

• 02-06-2014 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭

Hi another question. I have a wedding on Friday. I am booked in my local hair salon to get my roots touched on Wednesday. I am then booked into beauty salon to get my tan done on Thursday morning.
    Also booked in hairdresser on Friday morning for an upstyle.

Its a long time since I got a salon spray tan done, but if I remember correctly I cannot shower for 24 hours (booked in for 10AM Thursday morning). My hairdresser has told me I need to wash my hair on Thursday night before the upstyle Friday morning. (I know very bad planning on my part). I can't find anyone to wash my hair on Thursday night, so am worried I will make a mess of my tan.

Has anyone any suggestions for me? How can I manage to wash my hair and not affect the tan.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

Tip you head over a bath or sink? That way only your neck can get wet if water goes everywhere.

I think you can shower after 8+ hours with some spray tans though. It depends on the formula and how dark you want it to develop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Hi another question. I have a wedding on Friday. I am booked in my local hair salon to get my roots touched on Wednesday. I am then booked into beauty salon to get my tan done on Thursday morning.
    Also booked in hairdresser on Friday morning for an upstyle.

Its a long time since I got a salon spray tan done, but if I remember correctly I cannot shower for 24 hours (booked in for 10AM Thursday morning). My hairdresser has told me I need to wash my hair on Thursday night before the upstyle Friday morning. (I know very bad planning on my part). I can't find anyone to wash my hair on Thursday night, so am worried I will make a mess of my tan.

Has anyone any suggestions for me? How can I manage to wash my hair and not affect the tan.

I would wash hair before your spray tan. Can you make your tan app later? Make sure to put on a hairnet as you don't want tan in your hair!

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭princess3901

I am working at 12 so won't be able to get it done later. I thought about dipping my head over the sink but had a reason for not going with that, just can't remember what it is lol. I think head over the sink may be my best solution.

Thanks for your help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

I am working at 12 so won't be able to get it done later. I thought about dipping my head over the sink but had a reason for not going with that, just can't remember what it is lol. I think head over the sink may be my best solution.

Thanks for your help

Tbh no matter how careful you are you'll probably still end up with drops of water down your face or neck so would ask whoever is doing your tan is this ok, you don't want streaks.

Seriously if you wash your hair while the tan is developing, your hands and arms will be a disaster even if you wear gloves!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 149 ✭✭fondue

Most tans develop over 6-8 hours. You definitely wouldn't need to leave it on for 24 hrs. I normally get my tan done at about 8 in the eveing and wash it off first thing the next morning.

fondue wrote: »
    Most tans develop over 6-8 hours. You definitely wouldn't need to leave it on for 24 hrs. I normally get my tan done at about 8 in the eveing and wash it off first thing the next morning.

That is true but personally I like to leave it to close to 24 if possible. I know someone will tell me the tan stops working but I don't agree! It's like conditioning treatments I leave them on for a good 3/4 hours and my hair feels much better than after 5mins!

So I am getting tan done at 10AM, so should be okay to wash my hair after 11PM that night.

This was such bad planning on my part, never again :D

Do you think the hair dresser would know if I washed and blow dried my hair that morning before going in for the upstyle?

So I am getting tan done at 10AM, so should be okay to wash my hair after 11PM that night.

This was such bad planning on my part, never again :D

Sure it's going to have to be! What tan are you getting? I presume you are going to wear your bra and shoes after. This will leave marks :( any chance you are getting vani-t velocity tan? If so it develops in 1hour.

• Advertisement

Do you think the hair dresser would know if I washed and blow dried my hair that morning before going in for the upstyle?

Yes they will, your hair will be too floppy and soft for an up style

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 149 ✭✭fondue

Millem wrote: »
    That is true but personally I like to leave it to close to 24 if possible. I know someone will tell me the tan stops working but I don't agree! It's like conditioning treatments I leave them on for a good 3/4 hours and my hair feels much better than after 5mins!

Agree with the conditioning treatment but there's definitely no need to keep the tan on that long!!!

Its Vita Liberata spray tan I am getting, I have strapless bra and flip flops. My shoes will cover most of my feet on Friday and as its a strapless dress I'm wearing a strapless bra for spray tan to ensure no lines.

Ladies, thank you all so much for your input I do really appreciate it.

fondue wrote: »
    Agree with the conditioning treatment but there's definitely no need to keep the tan on that long!!!

Well different strokes for different folks, I find a lot of people react differently to tans I like to give it close to 24 hours as for some reason my legs seem lighter than the rest of me! Even different brands go completely different colours on different people

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

I don't know of anyone who leaves tan on for the 24 hours. 8 hours max for me can't stand the smell and feel of it and mine always turned out fine.

And the reason for washing hair the night before is because it would be too soft right after washing, mine would just fall out.

Millem wrote: »
    Yes they will, your hair will be too floppy and soft for an up style

I was thinking they might realize it :(

I think I really need to try get someone to do the wash for me after work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

Why can't you wash your hair before your appointment? This is the most logical option. It's not an early appointment, you have plenty time beforehand.

Its Vita Liberata spray tan I am getting, I have strapless bra and flip flops. My shoes will cover most of my feet on Friday and as its a strapless dress I'm wearing a strapless bra for spray tan to ensure no lines.

Ladies, thank you all so much for your input I do really appreciate it.

I always find flip flops mark :( I usually wear an old tshirt belonging to my OH and no bra. (Obviously this is not an option for you!) I usually get someone to come to the house! Actually the last tan I got was vita liberata in a salon, it was grand but I did have flip flop mark

I was thinking they might realize it :(

I think I really need to try get someone to do the wash for me after work.

Could you do it the opposite way? Wash hair before work and get tan after? If possible get a mobile tan person so you don't have to put on clothes for a while then just into very loose clothes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

Ah_Yeah wrote: »
    Why can't you wash your hair before your appointment? This is the most logical option. It's not an early appointment, you have plenty time beforehand.

An updo needs day-old hair. Freshly washed hair doesn't hold very well and there's normally a lot of flyaways.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

bscm wrote: »
    An updo needs day-old hair. Freshly washed hair doesn't hold very well and there's normally a lot of flyaways.

I know that. I was suggesting the OP wash their hair before their tan appointment, giving them an entire day between washing and updo.

Advertisement